thebigkk
News at the top of the page?
  • 2005/4/20 14:29

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

G'day All. CAn anyone tell me how to display either news, or AMS articles at the top of the main page. When other centre blocks are displayed, they are displayed above the news /ams block even though they (the modules) are weighted correctly.

I have tried adding <div><{$xoops_contents}></div> into the theme.html file as suggested in the FAQ's, but then I ended up with the news at the top, and the bottom of the page.

Have also set the module for start page to Articles in the admin preferences section.

Any help / suggestions appreciated

Cheers

batdevis
Re: News at the top of the page?
  • 2005/4/20 15:16

• batdevis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/16

if you use a table for the layout, try to add
valign="top"

in the td tag of the central column.

thebigkk
  • 2005/4/21 13:12

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

thanks for the tip Batdevis. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Any other thoughts or ideas anyone?

Cheers

ackbarr

Quote:

thebigkk wrote:

I have tried adding <div><{$xoops_contents}></div> into the theme.html file as suggested in the FAQ's, but then I ended up with the news at the top, and the bottom of the page.

This implies that you have two <{$xoops_contents}> tags in your current theme, the one you added and the original one. You'll need to remove the second one from the theme.

FYI - block weights and module weights have little to do with one another. Block weights control the relative position of blocks between each other. Module weights are used to control their position in the Main Menu block

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits