• 2005/3/1 22:12

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:

MorelyDotes wrote:
Quote:

rifraff wrote:

For the swish-e database files, is the everyone permission set to at least read?

I'll chmod them to 777, just in case.

Quote:

Also, just to double-check, on the search configuration screen, verify that the swish-e executable is in the path you have set. If you are using windows, don't forget to use something like "c:\swish-e" or whatever your path is.

Windows? Is that one of those things that virus writers use to spread their products? ;) Don't want to start an OS war here, so if anyone has strong religious convictions on the subject of MS stock and the Church of Gates, please forgive me, assume I am a Bohemian anti-capitalist or whatever suits your fancy, and don't bother to flame me, because I Just Don't Care.

This is Debian "Sarge" just for the record. It might make it easier to guess what I'm doing wrong, now that you know that. I'll see if I can find one of those "whatcha got" templates in the Help forums and fill you in completely.

Quote:

Maybe if the path is wrong, swish-e isn't running at all?

Since I can get raw data if I comment out a lot of the php IF sections, I beleive it's running.

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Ok, this is given:

1 Swish-E creates an index
2 If some of the php code is commented out, raw data is displayed

So, the system appears to be mostly working. You may have already checked this; but, does the user account you are logged in as have the permission to access the files that you are searching for? This is the only reason that I know of that the php code will not display data that it finds.

Regards,

Brian

rifraff
Re: Document Management System (DMS) and Swish
  • 2005/3/1 22:14

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Quote:

tedsmith wrote:
This is the hardest module to configure I've ever seen?

I can't even work out the templates bit? I've created a templates folder, but then the ReadMe says 'and upload document templates to it....'. ??? What templates? Another modules? I've gone to the XOOPS Templates Manager and the module 'dms' is not listed at all, so how do I create the templates for the module?

Using version 0.98 - new install.

Hello,

Yes, I know, this module is hard to configure. It has a lot of features that are optional.

The templates folder is a folder that stores document templates. For example, if you have a document with a letterhead that you regularly use, you can save the blank document with only the letterhead on it as a template. Then, if you need to type up a document that has this letterhead all you have to do is select this template when creating the document. I hop that explanation helps.

Brian

tedsmith
  • 2005/3/1 22:26

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Aaaah - I thought it mate XOOPS templates, not document templates for the module to use itself!

king76
  • 2005/3/29 14:36

• king76

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/15

Hello guy,

I'm a poor french guy :) So i use DMS 0.98 but swish-e index pages (ok for that), but I have none results if i search... i think that swish don't want open .dat extension file... it's right ?

Thank you.

king

king76
  • 2005/3/29 15:04

• king76

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/15

New question...

What'is the definition of "Versioning", because CVS or Subversion = versioning system, but where found that in DMS ? I know to use Lifecycle, but not versioning...

Thanks

A+

rifraff
  • 2005/4/18 21:08

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Quote:

king76 wrote:
New question...

What'is the definition of "Versioning", because CVS or Subversion = versioning system, but where found that in DMS ? I know to use Lifecycle, but not versioning...

Thanks

A+

Versioning just is a way to have different releases of the same document stored by assigning them a version number.

Brian

rifraff
  • 2005/4/18 21:12

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Quote:

king76 wrote:
Hello guy,

I'm a poor french guy :) So i use DMS 0.98 but swish-e index pages (ok for that), but I have none results if i search... i think that swish don't want open .dat extension file... it's right ?

Thank you.

king

Hello,

It is possible that some of the swish-e problems are due to a problem on line 174 of the search_ft.php file.

This line begins as follows: if(preg_match(

In this line, there is a series of characters as follows:

\"(.+)\"s

Change the + to an * as below

\"(.*)\"s

I just found this today when I had a problem getting swish-e working due to a slight change in the output of a word search.

Brian

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits