ladysham
SITE DOWN - Need some input!
  • 2005/4/13 15:13

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

I've had a XOOPS website athttp://www.christianwahm.com for quite some time. Recently, I've changed hosts. After spending a minimal amount of time getting the kinks out after the move, things have been plugging along.

Last night, I went to the site, and I'm getting a XOOPS error message:

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file /home/cwahm/public_html/class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

I have not done any recent updates to the site - when I do, I make sure they work! However, I found out that my hosting company had a MySQL problem last night.

So, I believe the issue is because of their problems last night. Would this error indicate to you that maybe they changed the path or the database is still offline? I'm not sure where to go with this one.

I can access the MySQL database. Should I reinstall XOOPS over what I have and run and update? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!

Kelly Ling

wtravel
Re: SITE DOWN - Need some input!

You can access the MySQL database using phpMyAdmin, right? You do not need to know your username/password for that.

Did the database name change or the username/password after the move?

Martijn

ladysham
  • 2005/4/13 15:30

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Yes, I can access the database by using phpadmin. No, I didn't change the username and password. In fact, the site was working just fine yesterday.

Kelly

tjnemez
  • 2005/4/13 15:40

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

your site seems to be working fine. i would not change anything as it seems that the database may have been temporarily unavailable.

edit: i have had this error message before as well.

ladysham
  • 2005/4/13 15:44

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Thanks, everyone. It appears that the hosting company figured out that it WAS their problem and fixed it. Thanks again!

Kelly Ling

tjnemez
  • 2005/4/13 15:49

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

i think it just fixes itself by connecting

ladysham
  • 2005/4/13 16:57

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Thanks for everyone's help. Turns out the hosting company CHANGED my database username and password. I sure gave them a piece of my mind!!

Kelly

Housefly
  • 2005/4/23 17:39

• Housefly

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/29

I get the following error because MySQL database is down. Is there any way to change the display text... we can inform users/visitors that the database is down for a while...something like this... Please help.. thank you in advance.
Quote:
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

Login

Who's Online

258 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 258

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits