m0nty
Re: vbuletin module..
  • 2005/4/11 21:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

that's not exactly accurate..

modifying vb to work with XOOPS requires substantial changes and isn't possible to give you instructions on making it work as it would require practically changing every file in vb to turn it into a module. and then once it's released as a module it belongs to the GPL so in effect it changes the existing vb license..

as said numerous times on differnt threads when people ask about VB, koudanshi will make it, and jelsoft would give permission.. but he will not make it for free.. you would need to pay for his time and experience in making it.. which could cost you quite a few hundred $.. jelsoft wouldn't offer support for the modified version either, so that will put more pressure on koudanshi to support it himself which means more time..

also has what has been found is some people are releasing the conversions of XOOPS IPB v2.0 that they purchased from koudanshi on warez for others to download which is being disrespectful and in my opinion is another reason he probably will not do it..

tripmon
  • 2005/4/11 22:20

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

Monty,

Well said,
Quote:

also what has been found is some people are releasing the conversions of XOOPS IPB v2.0 that they purchased from koudanshi on warez for others to download which is being disrespectful and in my opinion is another reason he probably will not do it..

Exactly what I meant when I said 'legal issue'. It is not impossible for the author to be held liable.

Razgo
  • 2005/4/11 22:28

• Razgo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/16

Quote:
modifying vb to work with XOOPS requires substantial changes and isn't possible to give you instructions on making it work as it would require practically changing every file in vb to turn it into a module.

hmm... yes if it has to be done that way then yes that's a lot of effort. i thought in this day in age of modern technology developers would have been able to create some sort of "hook" module that sits between the two so no code would need touching. but obviously we haven't advanced that far yet :)

catalin12345

hmm guys i don`t understand a thing..
why vbulletin cost and phpbb forum don`t cost?!
i`ve used them in the past and they are same!
normaly they say vbulletin is much safer then phpbb that`s why it cost ...not a very good argument for an webmaster who used both phpbb and vbulletin!
what haves vbulletin so interesting to cost?!??!

Mithrandir

better ask the vBulletin people that.

wordplay
  • 2005/7/23 9:43

• wordplay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/21

seemingly there really is no such thing, because i can't find it anywhere. only mambo works with vbulletin as it seems. which sucks so much.

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits