Kainaij
Things seem kinda slow around here...
  • 2005/4/8 8:22

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

I'm not trying to spark an argument or incite any negative feelings, buuut, things to me seem kinda slow. I visit XOOPS daily. It's the third page I look at every time I logon. My eyes first look at any new modules that are out and then take gander at the forums and comments. The modules are trickling in and the membership almost seems in a state of stasis.

Tell me to bugger off if this is not the case for you. Am I alone in feeling this way?

Aidus
Re: Things seem kinda slow around here...
  • 2005/4/8 8:26

• Aidus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/21

Well I'm asking for a help in forums for about 2 weeks and have no ansvers :( XOOPS is cool but where is support?

wtravel

I agree that development of XOOPS modules can seem to be slow. Mostly that is because the developers work on it in their free time. Unless there would really be enough funds to get paid developers (not just coverage of part of the cost, but normal development fees) or if there will be a big increase of developers, it will not get any faster than this.

So the least we can do is promote XOOPS as much as we can to get more developers interested in working on the XOOPS systems. Tell your friends about xoops, especially if they seem to be interested in web development

Xoops is powered by you.

Best wishes,

Martijn

Kainaij
  • 2005/4/8 11:37

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Aidus:

I'm not speaking about support. I would never gripe about the lack of support, given that this is a member (to a certain extent) run community. It's just a comment on my perception on the general state of affairs.

Wtravel:

I agree, but the area you want to take this thread, has already been done many times over. Again, just a comment on the general state of affairs.

rowdie
  • 2005/4/8 12:26

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

I'm working on 2 modules and have written complete database/functional designs for 2 more. Don't assume that nothing's happening just because it's not announced here

Looking at the module repository here, there's been 8 new modules released in the last month. And that's not including the existing modules that have released new versions, such as the powerful News 1.3 and xHelp 0.71 modules. Or modules which are released through local support sites and not announced here... in fact, it's missing a lot of modules, I see now. Where's the new version of Solo71's excellent multimenu module? and News 1.3 isn't there?

There's plenty happening in the background, I guess there could be more done to make that more obvious.

Rowd

McNaz
  • 2005/4/8 12:45

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

There is alot of modules action in dev.xoops.org.

Like wtravel mentioned, module development can be very slow. I've been working on mine, XAsset, for the last two months on a daily basis but in my spare time. I would imagine there are dozens of such XOOPS module developers in the same situation.

Cheers.

McNaz.

tjnemez
  • 2005/4/8 12:59

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

@Aidus

Quote:
Well I'm asking for a help in forums for about 2 weeks and have no ansvers :( XOOPS is cool but where is support?

the issues you are having with your theme is not that simple. for my part, to fix this up i would need the theme. its not something that i can just look at by visiting your site and then say do this and that.

Login

Who's Online

290 user(s) are online (182 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 290

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits