DMarvelus
core request
  • 2005/4/8 5:47

• DMarvelus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/29

This is more of a core request than a module request.

But it would be nice if modules could be made more hierarchical... When you have 10 or more modules, it kinda gets out of hand. So, one module could be the parent of the other, or something like that.

Also, it would be nice if I could make a module that only had custom HTML on it. Kinda like WF Channel, but I could make as many pages as I want like that, and position them anywhere in the heirarchy (mentioned above).

I think that would make XOOPS much better organized

tjnemez
Re: core request
  • 2005/4/8 5:57

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

actually it is my understanding that future releases of XOOPS will not have any core modules

as for adding static html there is many ways you can accomplish this, do a search as all the info you need is in the "XOOPS FAQ"

DMarvelus
  • 2005/4/9 23:51

• DMarvelus

• Just popping in

Well, my concern was not so much what modules came with xoops. My concern is this, it would be nice to list modules/pages in a heirarchical fashion. Lets say I had 5 game modules. I should be able to have on the menu a title that says "Games," with just a page describing each game. and under that on the menu, I could have the 5 games.

DMarvelus
  • 2005/4/10 0:02

• DMarvelus

• Just popping in

And on top of that, the solutions to add HTML pages are not satisfactory to me. I should be able to make new HTML pages without messing with new modules, and I should be able to individually put each page anywhere in the current hierarchy of pages that I want. Just an idea.

m0nty
  • 2005/4/10 0:09

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

the admin area is being worked on as mentioned in other threads.

adding html pages.. hmm there are many ways of doing it as explained in the FAQ, but you must remember.. XOOPS isn't a standalone site manager where you can create pages like you can on dreamweaver.. XOOPS is a module based portal which means that you install modules that do those jobs you require.. so if you require html editing then simply install a module that allows you to do that. thats the whole idea of it..

Login

Who's Online

276 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 276

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits