mattr
Re: Lost Password Not Working
  • 2005/4/7 19:00

• mattr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/26

Thanks for taking a look at the 2.0.10 lostpass.php function.

By the way, I punted and went back to 2.0.9.2 (the stable release and not the RC).

This solved my problem and lost password functions OK in this module.

shalommemphi

IF I decide to do that, is that a major event to do? I am comfortable with FTP and MyPHp and stuff, but I would hate to screw up all my work to date. My site is looking just how I want it. What were your steps to ummmmm can we call it DOWNGRADE a version?

mattr
  • 2005/4/8 13:49

• mattr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/26

Wish I could help on this front. Fortunately for me, I am at the beggining of a rollout and I don't have much invested in any 2.0.10 specifics.

A suggestion...

When you setup an environment, especially if it is for a client, create the following environments: production, staging, and development/sandbox.

In my case, I am running 2.0.10RC in a "sandbox" folder. My production rollout will be with 2.0.9. The lostpass function, in my opinion, is a core rquirement of any community building function.

Do you have much data populated in your modules? If not, the "downgrade" may not really be difficult. I wish I was better informed to directly answer your question.

A question to the XOOPS community...

Are there any utilities that can move databases from one XOOPS environment into another?

shalommemphis, let's keep in touch. It seems like we are on the same implementation path.

shalommemphi

I figure the lost password function should normally be working especially in a RC release..its a basic need even in beta testing. I guess my first was is it a problem only for me..or everyone? Your post above lets me atleast no its NOT JUST ME. However, I feel its a minor glitch and hope to find a edit fix. My site is not very populated, but we had to take it live do to a major mail out press release in our community. So..I guess I am brave..and will sit tight and .... ummmmm PRAY.. .

Mithrandir

Quote:
its a basic need even in beta testing

Well... have you done much beta testing of XOOPS? Unfortunately, not many people have and when they do, they rarely do it very thoroughly.

However, WHEN you hit a bug, there are several things you can do:

1) Sit back, do nothing, complain if the bug has not been fixed after some weeks - or when a new version is out, complain that this bug that has been around for ages is still not fixed.

2) Say "I have this problem. Fix it". Become angry when noone rushes to your aid

3) Report the bug, then wait for a fix

4) Report the bug, reproduce it, give extra information that could be relevevant such as server platform. Also reproduce the bug with MySQL debug and PHP Debug and perhaps figure out, in which cases it does NOT happen.

Shalommemphi, you are in group 3) and although I am happy you are not in group 1) or 2), you can be of so much more help with just a little extra effort. Of course, I don't expect you to be able to jump in and fix core bugs right after installing XOOPS, but the more information you can give, the faster I can fix it and the sooner you can get the fix out. If I have to investigate everything about the bug, it takes me longer to fix it.

I'm going home from work now. Will look at this bug when I get home.

Mithrandir

I think I have found it now. XOOPS 2.0.10 RC2 should be out some time tomorrow.

shalommemphi

I think I am thankful I fall under umm Option (3) !

Usually I take my time to test a site, but just loved the XOOPS core software when I found it, and couldn't wait to switch over to it. Just uploaded the wrong versions before I realized it. I am great at locating bugs and will post those in the correct area when required, and with good detail on how and what is happening, and hopefully in time will be able to assist in correcting them. I also will happily help answer questions I can. The open community forum is what makes it so great.

And if you do get a patch for the lost password thats wonderful!! If it was an overall problem, then..hey I am now a almost official beta tester..

shalommemphi

Quote:

shalommemphi wrote:
I never get the redirect window that says... YOUR PASSWORD HAS BEEN MAILED! It just goes directly to the login window and NO EMAIL EVER ARRIVES WITH A NEW PASSWORD if that helps anyone.. Need this to work so I can go LIVE with my site.

http://shalommemphis.jewishmix.com/xoops/

Is my site if it helps to see whats going on.

One question I was still wondering was is this a isolated problem, or others that may be trying out the latest RC version XOOPS 2.0.10 Rc are getting the same problem as detailed above? I know one other had it happen to them. Just curious.

Login

Who's Online

287 user(s) are online (195 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 287

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits