DJ007
Upgrading A Fantastico Install
  • 2005/4/5 20:11

• DJ007

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/15

Hiya,

while not a total noob, I'm not a coder and sorta rely on the how tos and trial and error alot, but I'm not comfortable with that on system core files (modules is another matter)

I have looked for some version upgrade info and found some, but mostly it's 2.0.7x to 2.0.9x

My installs have been thru' fantastico which I think have all been 2.0.5.2, The questions are; can I do a version upgrade from the fantasico version to the lastest stable version the same way? Which is the best version to upgrade to from where I am now?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

jensclas
Re: Upgrading A Fantastico Install

I originally used Fantastico to install my XOOPS but have operated with FTP ever since. You can manually download the latest version and upgrade your site. I would suggest you search for information on upgrading from 2.0.5.2 to 2.0.9.x before you begin. I am a noob and find things a bit scary - but I wait for information to be available and then jump right in...so search for info and when you feel well armed go for it. If there are problems ask the question and someone will be sure to help.

Cheers Jenny

martyboy
  • 2005/4/5 22:19

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

I would back up everything before attempting an upgrade of XOOPS through Fantastico, I tried to upgrade with fantastico once and it totally messed up my site, for some reason it uninstalled all the modules.

Now I always upgrade manually using the latest upgrades and patches from xoops.org though I do still make the original install with fantastico.

DJ007
  • 2005/4/6 4:01

• DJ007

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/15

Hi Guys,

I read both your pdf, Jenny, and the XOOPS install manual and I thought I'd try the upgrade on a subdomain that wouldn't matter much to lose as I mostly use it to test stuff out.

Now I get this;http://stef.able4.com/modules/weblog/install/index.php
and it's a 404 error.

What I ftp'd was the php files not the whole core and I was trying it out with 2.0.10RC

I might just delete everything in that folder and try to ftp the full pack and try an install

Not sure how I screwed up, any clues so I can actually do an upgrade on a live site.

Thanks for the feedback.

jensclas

Sorry - no clues here - but if I were in your situation the next thing i would do is look up 404 errors in XOOPS faq and the forums. The clues may well be there.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits