dkgemini
Massive newbb 2 problem
  • 2005/4/1 11:21

• dkgemini

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/28

I am having a huge problem with bewbb2. When logged on as webmaster it works fine. I can view, edit, delete - the lot.

But when logged on as just a user, when I go to the forum, the topics do not show. Nothing shows really - try it:

www.ulrikpoulsen.dk/greenroom/modules/newbb

I have fiddled around with acces rights and the only way I have come up with to make anonymous and registered user able to see the topics is to give them FULL admin rights.. And THAT ain't good.

Am I missing something here? I am finding it difficult to keep track of admin rights they seem to overlap each other in many different preference pages.

PLEASE HELP!!

jdseymour
Re: Massive newbb 2 problem

Check your permissions see:

Newbb 2 category creation tutorial.

Newbb 2 forum creation tutorial.

They do not need admin rights....just access and view rights

dkgemini
  • 2005/4/2 1:58

• dkgemini

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/28

Thanks very much. I figured it out..

But am I right in thinking that all the different rights systems are a bit complicated?

Access rights, block rights, and then the modules setup on top - what is visible/not visible for groups of users etc..

It seems like it could be done in a better way somehow. I mean, I coudn't do it, don't get me wrong.. Just seems like somehow, somewhere in the developing if XOOPS this perticulat bit got overly complicated, or??

Apart from that a great product!

And thanks for your help.

kgmetcalfe

no it's not a great product! It is a total awrsome product that has no equal. now having said that - is there not a way to have all permissions / access rights etc - determined by just the core xoops. would this not make life a lot easier? i do not know - i am not one that does code - but have had to learn it to get things running...

( some cms - not XOOPS - are a real pain to get running.)

xoops will be the one to watch - when we have it up and running - will give the invite...

jdseymour

Not and give you full control of the individual forums. That is why the interface is slightly complicated is to allow for complete control of who can view, who can post, who can delete and so on.

I hope in my attempt with my tutorials to ease the learning curve of using these permissions.

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits