tedsmith
Web Stats - Can anyone help interpret these?
  • 2005/4/1 11:09

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I have a query about the stats for my website. BTW - these figures are generated by my web host (Webalizer Version 2.01) and not an XOOPS module like iStats (I did use them but got rid due to slow response times).

I'd like to know which of the figures below relate purely to unique visitors to my site. I'm assuming it's the 'visits' column, in which case, as an example, March had an average of 495 visitors each day, with 15,353 in total for the month. Is that correct? If it is correct, does that mean that once they hit the homepage that's it, or does the count then include all the pages they visit while they're there? For example, a visit to the homepage = 1, then they click on the forum = 2, then they create a topic = 3 etc etc?

The reason I ask is because I want to determine how many actual real-life people are visiting my site.

My Stats Page accompanies by a summary graph

Thanks

Ted

ladon
Re: Web Stats - Can anyone help interpret these?
  • 2005/4/1 12:24

• ladon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/31

As far as I can determine it from the stats I think that visits indeed mean a visit to the website as a whole by an individual. Pages probably means page hits and files the number of files downloaded (html-file, css, image...)

tedsmith
  • 2005/4/3 12:31

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Thanks very much - I agree that this would be the logical answer and hopefully the correct one. If it is, then I'm quite happy to be getting 15,000 visitors a month! It just seems so many (for a site like mine) which is why I wanted to check. Any other views appreciated.

m0nty
  • 2005/4/3 14:36

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

it's right :)

but you might like to take into consideration that many users might have dynamic IP's especially if they using 56k modems etc.. so everytime they disconnect from the internet and reconnect again (which is every 2hrs for uk users on most ISP's) they will have a new IP and the webstats will see them as a totally different user..

Peekay
  • 2005/4/3 14:45

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Don't know how this affects a dynamic site like Xoops, but AFAIK, once a static site is cached, lots of people may make visits that your stats will never even know about.

Login

Who's Online

406 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 406

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits