davidtillyer
Adding links to the Footer Page

Can someone please tell me, the easy way to add links to the footer.

David

ackbarr
Re: Adding links to the Footer Page

Go to System -> Preferences -> Meta Tags and Footer and modify the "Footer" setting

davidtillyer

HI,

Yes I have done this and it dose not work all I have is the "Powered by xoops" gif at the bottom. I know how to remove the gif but it then leaves a RED "X" where the missing image used to be.

Going to the System -> Preferences -> Meta Tags and Footer and modify the "Footer" setting dose NOT appare in the footer. This is what I have in the foot at the moment:

The Eclub © 2005 <a href="http://www.theeclub.com/" target="_blank">The Eclub Connecting People</a>

Please advise.

David

Herko
  • 2005/3/23 11:04

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Advise: make sure that in your themes/your_theme_name/theme.html the place where your footer should be (at the bottom of the file), the following tag is there (and not the footer texts) <{$xoops_footer}>.

Herko

beagle
  • 2005/3/24 5:38

• beagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

I'm also having the same problem.

I added the:

<{$xoops_footer}>

to my theme.html, and changed the content in the Meta Tags and Footer under preferences. But I when I refresh the home page I still get the "Powered by xoops" gif.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

ackbarr

yup - the default setting is for smarty to cache your theme files, so your site is probably using the cached version of your theme, not your changed one. Try removing all files from the templates_c directory.

davidtillyer

HI

I'm still haveing problems make the info I added in the footer box in the admin section show on the footer.

I have clearded the Templetes_C directory out, how often should this be cleared out? and is it like the Temperory intenet file clean up on your PC?

Do I need to back up the files in the Templets_C folder?

David

davidtillyer

I haved gon to themes/default/theme.html and opend this HTML (not in an editor) and have the following:

<{$xoops_module_header}> <{$xoops_banner}>

<{foreach item=block from=$xoops_lblocks}> <{include file="default/theme_blockleft.html"}> <{/foreach}> <{if $xoops_showcblock == 1}> <{foreach item=block from=$xoops_ccblocks}> <{include file="default/theme_blockcenter_c.html"}> <{/foreach}>
<{foreach item=block from=$xoops_clblocks}> <{include file="default/theme_blockcenter_l.html"}> <{/foreach}> <{foreach item=block from=$xoops_crblocks}> <{include file="default/theme_blockcenter_r.html"}> <{/foreach}>
<{/if}>
<{$xoops_contents}> <{if $xoops_showrblock == 1}> <{foreach item=block from=$xoops_rblocks}> <{include file="default/theme_blockright.html"}> <{/foreach}>

Where do I, and what do I need to do to correct this code so that it picks up the footer message I added in the admin section?

Please help.

David

beagle
  • 2005/3/24 14:23

• beagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
yup - the default setting is for smarty to cache your theme files, so your site is probably using the cached version of your theme, not your changed one. Try removing all files from the templates_c directory.

That worked. Thanks for the help.

davidtillyer -
I'm still a beginner, but I added:
<{$xoops_footer}>
to the footer in the theme.html code.

Then changed the content in the admin area.

Then deleted all the files out of the template_c directory (like ackbarr said to do)

Refreshed the page, and the content that I entered in the admin area appeared in the place where I put the <{$xoops_footer}> tag.

Hope this makes sense.

davidtillyer

Hi,
I'm Now very confussed !!!!!!

I have deleted all the files out of the template_c directory and Refreshed the page. But still I'm left with a missing GIF image.

Can someone please walk me through this as I have tryed all surggested and I can not get it to work.

David

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits