r_vinoya
Module for Inventory System
  • 2005/2/2 0:06

• r_vinoya

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/6

Hello,

Does a module for an Inventory System already exist? I would have to create a module to do this, the problem is... I do not know how... or where to start.

The inventory would be for our Electronics parts withdrawal/purchase. The purpose is to monitor how many parts are available for a certain item, each items has been classified to some category.

I'm thinking that there would be some kind of "order form" just like what you see from buying parts in the internet. The parts inventory is stored in SQL. There is a search button for category, and there is warning if parts are running out.

Only one user has the privilege to add new items, validate request for withdrawal, etc.

other users can just order for parts and wait for approval of the "one user"... there may be a certain lead time for this, I don't know.

This is getting to long. I hope you have time to read.

Thanks.

nokialee
Re: Module for Inventory System
  • 2005/3/3 4:17

• nokialee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/17

hi there, i need this module too..

seekfatez
  • 2005/3/9 8:06

• seekfatez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/2 1

Damn, this is exactly what i'm looking for too.
hem......

gniknalu
  • 2005/3/17 18:15

• gniknalu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/28

add my name to that list.

I like anyInventory but when I tried to port it . . . . couldn't get over a few mental hurdles. I like it because it's flexible. In this 'inventory' module the need for tracking ANY resource is important. So many other php inventory projects force the 'resource' to be a computer. I'd like to track people, software, databases etc.

Anyone found a solution? How about someone who is smart enough to be able to port anyInventory?

Thanks!

royco
  • 2005/3/17 19:37

• royco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/9 7

I also have the same requirement, Anyinventory is good, even requested the author if he will consider porting it to XOOPS but said that he may consider it if time permits.

So the solution to my problem is going to Mambo CMS for this particular site I was building, they have a component(module) called Mambo PHP-Shop that is a shopping cart that can be used as a catalog only and can track inventories. Very good integration with the CMS, the only downside is I have to learn a new CMS, but thats ok it pretty easy, lots of reading the docs and forums at first.

Other than that all my other sites are XOOPS sites. I just hope somebody can come up with a stable porting of a shopping cart for XOOPS soon.

Hope that helps

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits