dunkin
HippySpace
  • 2005/3/15 6:16

• dunkin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/15

I'm enjoying XOOPS and trying to push it to it's limits... my sites been online about 2 weeks, previously running from plain old HTML created with netobjects fusion to the XOOPS platform. XOOPS has made my site soooo much fun to work on.

Commentary Wanted.... Tell me how it looks, what can be improved, what kinda things would make you want to visit it again? I've wwracked my brain and kinda concentrated all the best stuff from my old site to this one... and with the capabilities of XOOPS I know there are other things I could add.

Site address -Http://www.hippyspace.com

brian100
Re: HippySpace
  • 2005/3/15 6:24

• brian100

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/7 2

Looking good so far. How are you handling your photo gallery?

dunkin
  • 2005/3/15 6:27

• dunkin

• Just popping in

photo galleries are handled with a little module I found that makes a blank page within xoops. I then edit the blank page with my html editor (notetab) and link it to yet another blank page module with the pics :)

Kinda nifty. I didn't like the other photo gallery modules. I've done the same on my other site. The module was online here, as this is the only place I've downloaded modules from, but upon trying to find a link to it I was unable. The information on how to make the blank page module is also available in a 'help' type file called 'xoops for blondes' available here -http://www.macambridge.com/modules/mydownloads/

dunkin
  • 2005/3/17 18:54

• dunkin

• Just popping in

modified my color scheme a little, forums and downloads look a little nicer. Also added a musical tune to the main page. kinda sets it off a bit.

Bulls
  • 2005/3/22 16:48

• Bulls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/8 1

Hi

Site is developing well. Real headache though finding something that provides interest so that people keep coming back.

I can see you have a humour section well there are a few modules you could install such as the 'Daily Cartoons' one and also maybe the Flash Games modules and Videos. Great content generators and do not require work from you with regard to updating any content. All that is handled the other end. I have all 3 on my own site infact if you want to see them in action. I don't have hardly any visitors myself yet as I am still developing the site but I do know at least one person that returns everyday to read the cartoon section during her lunch break at work so it seems a worthwhile module to install. Also kids will spend hours, if allowed, in the Flash Games section for sure as I have seen evidence of it with visiting nieces and nephews. I am also looking into RSS news feed so that also will be auto-updated content added to my site. Again something for you to consider.

After cruising and analysing traffic on forums it seems the ones that always have repeat visitors are either games, computer hardware or website developer forums. With this in mind I intend to incorporate a great many forum/portal demos and scripts eventually. Also I intend to make themes available for Xoop users etc. Other than do this I suppose you have to generate a kind of 'community' atmosphere but unless you have that initial 'focal' point of interest for people to home in on it will be hard for sure.

Blimey a bit long this reply .

Your site is looking good overall and has a 'friendly' feel to it and would and will draw me back at times for an update for sure.

View those modules on my own site here if you want(under 'Fun Section'):
My site.

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits