fatman
NoAh: Project helper(s) requested
  • 2005/2/16 4:52

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/13

Hello. I'm looking for someone who wants to work on a module development project. ( current out of date project page)

Despite the lack of updates to the project page. I've been doing a lot of work on the No-Ah module but haven't had enough time to also keep the project site up to date or release updated versions of the module.

For various reasons the latest version of No-Ah can run with or without Xoops, but I believe there is real value using it as a XOOPS module and I'm looking for the help of someone who can help run a support site and help keep the No-Ah releases up to date.

Here is ademo of NoAh 0.9.

script_fu
Re: NoAh: Project helper(s) requested

I would like to help. Im not a coder but can maintain XOOPS site pretty easy.

fatman
  • 2005/3/9 9:12

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

Updates to my development demo of NoAh 0.9 show how mozilla's XUL can provide the XOOPS website administrator with lot's of access and control over their database.

Demo : screen grabs below.

Resized Image

Resized Image

JasonMR
  • 2005/3/9 9:30

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Great Work!!!!!!!!!!! ThanX

philou
  • 2005/3/16 19:34

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

Yes, it's a wonderful work. What are you looking for ? how can we help you ?

fatman
  • 2005/3/16 20:04

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks for the comments.

One thing I would like to get help with is setting up a good demo install of NoAh. For this I would need admin access to a NoAh module installed on a XOOPS site that has lots of content and makes use of several core and/or custom modules.

This will allow me to show off some of NoAh's capabilities and give people a better understanding what they can use it for.

beach_defend

Hi, is there any current activity on NoAh? I am very interested in helping with this project. I own a small open-source/php/xoops development comapny in Sydney. We have been heavily involved in PEAR based PHP development ( in particulat PEAR:B, HTML_QuickForm,HTML_QuickFormController and DB_DataObjects.

I have an extensive national datbase that I a want to put online within a XOOPS framework and it looks as though NoAh could really help that process.

If we can help to increase the effectiveness of the project, I would be very interested in seeing how that can b e achieved.

Barry Steele

JasonMR
  • 2005/4/2 1:19

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Check out the project page on dev.xoops.org.

Ryan (fatman) has just released a version of NoAh 0.9, which is a beauty to install, and seems to work a breeze (haven't had time yet to test extensivly).

Also have a look at the extensive Wiki Ryan has prepared.

Glad to see someone else interested in this brilliant project.

By the way, would you be interested in joing us for the first Sydney XOOPS Users Meeting? Would like to get to meet those using XOOPS, especially in a professional environment

Have a nice weekend mate, and enjoy the great weather, as it's starting to turn cold lately.

fatman
  • 2005/4/2 4:41

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

@Barry, As Jason said there is LOTS of work being done to NoAh at the moment. I'm pushing very hard to have a polished release available soon.

The current preview I just made available to download (Jason provides a link in his response above) is pretty stable and is ready for testing.

At the moment I'm looking for all the help I can get with testing and debugging. To help this effort I am adding a tutorial to the Wiki which will walk you through the process of testing most of NoAh's features.

Feel free to send me a private message and we can exchange emails/instant message accounts.

@Jason, thanks for always jumping in with helpful links and info whenever someone asks about NoAh ! It's appreciated. :)

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits