wtravel
efqDirectory

On request of a few XOOPS users I will start working on a new directory module for xoops, similar to bbuilder's xdirectory.

The name of this module will be: efqDirectory

The following features have been requested additional to the features that xdirectory already had:

-Multiple categories
-Locations management (to assign listings to locations)
-Alphabetical Listings
-E-commerce (paypal only) for a monthly subscription or a one year subscription where you get one month free.
-Premium Listings with start and expiration dates(premium listings can be defined for each category the listing appears in)
-Coupons
- Back-end statistics reporting feature showing the number of reads and the number of click-throughs.
- Capability to automagically generate a weekly or monthly email to the listing customer showing them how many times their ad was viewed and how many times someone clicked through to their web site.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Flexible directory folder name (I would not want this module to be found in /modules/efqdirectory/ on my site)

More information will follow. Please let me know if you have additional requests.

Regards,

Martijn

VideoDude
Re: efqDirectory
  • 2005/3/16 16:08

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

Great stuff Martijn!

Kainaij
  • 2005/3/16 16:29

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Martijn, Can you post a list of people that you'd need to help you develop this module (i.e. additional programmer, tester, etc.).

Thanks.

wtravel

Initially I could use some help with design For example, buttons and default logo's will be needed to give the module a professional look. Users should be able to customize this to their own needs after installation.

If you would let me do the graphics design it might take untill next year before the module is finished.

Martijn

bjbtexas
  • 2005/3/16 17:30

• bjbtexas

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/3 2

I can definitely help with design work - graphics and logos.

VideoDude
  • 2005/3/16 20:15

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

I'll offer assistance with Documentation.

Kainaij
  • 2005/3/16 20:21

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Have you set up an account at Module Dev Forge yet? When you do can you post a link once it's up?

Thanks.

I'm interersted in helping, not to sure where I'd fit in tho. I'm no programmer, just an enthusiastic xoopser.

VideoDude
  • 2005/3/17 2:45

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

One other feature request... It'd be nice if the administrator could enable an email notification each time a new business added a listing.

wtravel

I will add the e-mail notification option to the list of feature requests.

I expect to be able to start on this project by the second half of next week, assuming that the work on the Amazon store module will be done by then.

Yesterday I requested the project to be added to the XOOPS development site. I will post a link in this topic when the project request will be approved. The main site for support and information on this project will open shortly after I start on the project.

Regarding the development costs, I would like to use the concept of initially making the module available to a group of contributors, releasing the project to the XOOPS community after a freeze period of 6 months. Upgrades also will be available to contributors first. The same concept was used for the development of the AMS module.

Contributions required before first release: USD 500,-
Initial freeze period: 6 months
Minimum donation amount: USD 10,-

I will donate an amount of USD 50,- to the project, since I will be using the module on my site(s) as well. That will leave an amount of USD 450,- to be contributed to the project. I will add the donations module to the project site as soon as it will be up.

Regards,

Martijn

VideoDude
  • 2005/3/17 16:45

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

Hey Martijn, On the category selection feature... give some thought to how this could be handled more efficiently than XDirectory's current method. X-Directory presents a single drop-down list for all categories, sub-categories, sub-sub-categories, etc. Naturally this can lead to an extremely LONG list (mine currently has nearly 300 items). Naturally this isn't a very intuitive way for a potential customer to find and select a category.

Here's just one example of a more structured, inuitive interface (lifted from eLance).

Resized Image

Would you prefer that I hold my comments/suggestions until after you've set up the project site?

Thx,
-jp

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits