beach_defend
nicknames

hi,
I have a really irritating issue with the User management component of XOOPS 2.

When I (barry) look at other users (I am webmaster) My nickname is always lited in the respective field on the 'Modify User' form.

At first I tried to simply replace this but was told that that person already existed.

I am getting a white page of death error as well that neither php Debug mode OR Smarty Debug have shone any light on.

I's appreciate any links, advice etc.

As I'm extremely new to this, I'd really appreciate some pointers to diagnostic tools, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Barry

Herko
Re: nicknames
  • 2005/3/19 12:54

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

this issue has been dealt with in XOOPS 2.0.7, if I recall correctly. Upgrade to the latest version.

Herko

jdseymour

Your username still shows up when you open modify user in 2.0.9.2. Hope someday there is a fix.

Herko
  • 2005/3/19 13:04

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Are you sure? This issue is because the field name of the edit username field is the same as the login field for a member, and when using auto-fill fields in your browser, it'll do just that: prepopulate the field with the value that accoriding to the browser belongs there. (Same with the first password change field in edit user). This issue has been addressed a couple of releases ago, and I have verified this in a number of installs I have running.

Herko

jdseymour

Well, well seems I should have checked again. Must have changed in the 2.0.9 series because I fought it weekly with 2.0.7.3 which I started out with.

Thanks Herko.

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits