evylrat
XDirectory duplicate listings
  • 2004/6/17 9:19

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/25

I only have 3 entries in the XDirectory module, yet they are all listed twice. I checked the database, and there is only 1 entry for each one.

oddb0d
Re: XDirectory duplicate listings
  • 2004/6/18 13:59

• oddb0d

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/23

Just noticed this so thought I'd reply - you sure you've not got them listed as sponsors which will list each one twice?

I've had no similar probs with the module and used it for ages so can't think what else it could be.

oddb0d

evylrat
  • 2004/6/18 14:43

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

I was looking at my forums and I noticed the I was in the moderator list twice. Open the XOOPS database up and check, there are duplicates! Check Xdirectory and there are duplicates there also!

How did THAT happen? Anyway, checked all the tables and some had duplicates, whilst others didnt.

Be cafeful when using PhpMyBackup!

oddb0d
  • 2004/6/18 15:15

• oddb0d

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/23

mmmm... doesn't sound good! Haven't used the backup thingy but will remember if I do!

Actually I noticed your post as I'm trying to work out how to allow directory listings in more than one category so if you or anyone knows, please do tell... ;)

oddb0d

evylrat
  • 2004/6/18 15:25

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

Suppose you could duplicate the row in the database and change the category column. But, I dont know if that would screw anything up.

akaara
  • 2005/3/14 13:48

• akaara

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/13

Like oddb0d, I am also looking for a way to put a single listing in multiple categories. I'm not crazy about the idea of having multiple copes of the same listing in the database, for numerous reasons.

I have looked at the Weblinks module and according to the author, it has the following feature:

> 1. The number of categories
> One link can belong to two or more categories.
> It is possible to set up arbitrary numbers.
> A default number is 4.

Which is exactly what I need for Xdirectory. My question is, would it be possible to take the pertinent code from the Weblinks module and paste it into the Xdirectory module? If so, what code would I need to insert?

If not, does anyone have an idea for a hack?

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits