Anonymous
Emptying Templates_C Folder - Site Won't Display
  • 2005/3/4 22:03

• Anonymous

• Since:

This is my first post. XOOPS kicks ass. Thanks to everybody responsible top to bottom.

On the top of my homepage to the left side is a headerlogo, I think 150X80. I was able to use headerlogo not headerbanner I don't know why, and long story short, I made some changes in themes.html to extend my headerlogo that were not taking effect. I would refresh the page and make changes and nothing over and over.

One thing I read was deleting the "templates_c" folder contents (properly) can help. I deleted all the files in "templates_c", leaving an empty "templates_c" folder.

When I refreshed my website, it was gone. I messed up apparently. Unfortunately, I cannot restore the files from the trash, they are gone.

Any help is appreciated to get my website viewable again, if possible. I've got some unsaved work not backed up. Thanks alot.

EDIT: (5 minutes later) I viewed the page source and it just says <html><body></body></html>
EDIT 2: (2 minutes after that) I do have a backup of all the templates_c files from 24 hours ago, if that could help.

Anonymous
Re: Emptying Templates_C Folder - Site Won't Display
  • 2005/3/4 22:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

I'm not just popping in, I like XOOPS alot! Sorry if anybody's answering this, I was in a panic. I didn't know I had the backup files. It seems to be working. Keep up the good work much appreciated...

Mithrandir
Re: Emptying Templates_C Folder - Site Won

bwirum
Re: Emptying Templates_C Folder - Site Won
  • 2005/3/7 15:31

• bwirum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/16

Did you set the "Update theme-files from the themes/ folder" to "yes" in system admin/preferences/general?

Not sure if that's the fully correct name in English since my XOOPS install is in Norwegian, but you hopefully get the picture.

If you don't the templates_c folder won't be updated and your XOOPS caches the files there for viewing. That would also be the reason why your changes didn't take effect when you did them.

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits