Ryansaw
Installing 2 of the same module
  • 2005/3/6 10:56

• Ryansaw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/6 1

I saw a post on this, but the directions were way too advance. Has anyone installed two of the newbb forums on their site.

I would like to do this so, I can lock the upload folder (using a membership script) on one forum so the general publc can't access the uploads.

I want anyone to be able to access the other forum and uploads.

Thanks for your advice.

Ryan

jdseymour
Re: Installing 2 of the same module

The directions to clone a module, especially one like newbb, are advanced because it is very hard to do. You need to rename everything associated with the module to avoid conflicts, from the name of the module to the database tables.

This

Faq Page is a good reference.

But with newbb2 you should be able to achieve what you want with the built in forum permissions. They are pretty complete.

HTH.

Ryansaw
  • 2005/3/6 18:25

• Ryansaw

• Just popping in

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Do you know of any other forum for the most recent version of xoops? I tried the Newbbex but the page was blank when I went to view it. I don't think it was updated for the new version of xoops.

m0nty
  • 2005/3/6 18:59

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

there's x-phpbb 1.23b which is based on phpbb 2.0.11 and also X-IPBM 1.4G which is based on IPB 1.3.1, both require overwriting a few XOOPS core files when installing..

not a major problem but when a new XOOPS version is released you won't be able to upgrade straight away because it will stop your forums working.. you would have to wait till a core update of the forums is done too. however I actually did the updated core files for the x-ipb forum the same day that XOOPS 2.0.9.2 was released so there was no waiting there :) on a timescale probably a week or a few days and an update patch is usually available :)

but as they are ports of standalone forums not XOOPS related each has it's own merits and demerits when it comes to integration.. though they are both excellent modules and conversions in their own rights..

Ryansaw
  • 2005/3/6 19:22

• Ryansaw

• Just popping in

Thanks so much for the information. I will look into them for sure!

hervet
  • 2005/4/23 6:15

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

Ryansaw wrote:
I tried the Newbbex but the page was blank when I went to view it. I don't think it was updated for the new version of xoops.

Yes it is. I have updated it to follow the recent updates on newbb1

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits