dssraft
News 1.3 Problems
  • 2005/3/1 1:20

• dssraft

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/28

Hi i just update the news module to news 1.3, every is working ok but on the article page when you click "read more" it takes you to a blank page...
I search the forum for answers but couldnt find anything, i also update module by going to http://www.mysite.com/module/news/admin/update.php and also by doing it from the admins control panel modules......
Has any one encounter this problem before?
and is there any way i could fix this??

Thanks

hervet
Re: News 1.3 Problems
  • 2005/3/1 18:42

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Can you activate the php debug's mode please ?

dssraft
  • 2005/3/1 20:33

• dssraft

• Just popping in

Sorry, this is the error message:
"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class newsstory in //premfs19\sites\premium19\decache\webroot\decache\modules\news\class\class.newsstory.php on line 31"

dssraft
  • 2005/3/3 14:43

• dssraft

• Just popping in

any ideas?

Mithrandir

Do you have blocks visible from the News module? If so, turn them all invisible and then set them visible one at a time.

Note the one(s) that makes your News pages throw that error and jog it in Hervé's direction.

I had the same problem with AMS when I used include_once in a block with a full path and in the module with relative path.

dssraft
  • 2005/3/3 15:24

• dssraft

• Just popping in

I try removing each block one by one and found that it was the "Recent News" block causing this, now i am able to click on read more and get to the entire article but now i get a section call "Other articles" at the bottom of the page and i cant seem to find the block that controls this plus i get this after the end of the page:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: tooltips in file decache\modules\news\article.php line 310
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: tooltips in file decache\modules\news\article.php line 310

dssraft
  • 2005/3/3 15:39

• dssraft

• Just popping in

ok i found where to turn off the "other articles" block (its on news module > preferences > show summary table) if i turn this off the previous error goes away, but the problem is that i need something like "recent news" block or "other articles" block on my page, is there another module i can use or anything else i can do to fix the problem? any sugestions??

Thanks

hervet
  • 2005/3/3 18:18

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hi,

Following Mithrandir's recommandations, I have changed all the scripts to replace relative paths to absolute paths. I will release a new version in the coming days.

PS : Sorry for the bug.

Bye,
Hervé

Login

Who's Online

415 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 415

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits