hamic
Re: Newbb 2.0.2 & Browsers (SLOW in IE but FAST in Netscape)
  • 2005/3/1 16:24

• hamic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/24

The important difference I.E VS Netscape

In Netscape- Popdown javascript menus FUNCTION while the page continues to load.

In I.E.- Popdown menus DO NOT FUNCTION until the page is fully loaded.

So:

Is there a way to load the javascript and make it functional in I.E. while the page is still being rendered...and how.

(or)

Would it be possible then for me to include necessary style elements in the html pages themselves and remove the reference to CSS?

(or)

Is there a way to preload or cache css when User enters the site?

^^Thx for all replies

adrock
Re: Newbb 2.0.2 & Browsers (SLOW in IE but FAST in Netscape)
  • 2005/3/1 16:46

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

at least you're paying attention...

knowing that IE will load the body info first, try altering your theme template to use the onload commands for the newbb java scripts.

To call more than one function, for example:

<body onLoad="popMessage();popMessage2()">

don't forget the () bits or it won't work.

Inline styles can also work, but will slow down other elements being loaded, as IE will spend all it's time geekin on the style info.

****on a side note, you do realize that this fabulous cms and all of it's modules, as well as they are designed and implemented, are merely meant to be a starting point for you as a designer or developer. to get specifically what you want, will always require alterations and changes in method.

****advice; tread lightly when asking for help...it would suck to be on a good developers 'blacklist' when you are in need of help woth something that has made your site completely unusable.

Enjoy!

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits