wicked34
Problems with multiMenu
  • 2005/2/25 15:41

• wicked34

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/27

I have tried everything, and I cant get the links under a new menu to work, only in admin mode. I have quadruple check my permissions in all the groups, anon, registered, and admin, and there all set to be read by all. everything is enabled, and no matter what, when i log out and become either a registered user or a guest, I click the link and tells me i have no permission.

I even installed the beta version 1.6, and still the same thing.

can anybody help?

please

solo71
Re: Problems with multiMenu
  • 2005/2/25 15:44

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

It's the targeted module groups permissions you must check, not the multiMenu ones.

multiMeny group permission does only manage to display or not the link. Whether the target is accessible or not, depends on the target permissions.

wicked34
  • 2005/2/25 16:20

• wicked34

• Just popping in

hmmm, this is weird. i also made sure the seperate modules had permissions also:

all of these were highlighted:

admin
registered
anon

i really have made sure and checked everything before posting, and can quite figure it out :(

wicked34
  • 2005/2/26 0:59

• wicked34

• Just popping in

hmm, i guess this post didnt do alot of good. :(

thanx anyway

wicked34
  • 2005/2/27 1:39

• wicked34

• Just popping in

you people are really helpful NOT!

what a great open source software, only to be left hanging with questions.

thanx, i will highly recommend you lol

wtravel

Hi Wicked,

I installed MultiMenu today without problems. From what you are describing I can only think of the modules you are linking to in the MutiMenu are not accessible by the anynomous group.

When you are logged out, can you try accessing directly from the url one of the modules you received an error from through the MultiMenu...

Best regards,

Martijn

wicked34
  • 2005/2/27 3:04

• wicked34

• Just popping in

hey, thanx for the reply!

i finally figured it out, the hard way i think because it says nothing anywhere in any of the forums, about what i had to do.

I had to install the modules of course, set the permissions for each user group in the group settings, and then with ftp, go back and change the (hasMain) in the xoops_version.php so they wouldnt show up in the main menu. then i had to update each module, then create my own links with multimenu. was a pain in the ass lol but it works now, and no other way i tried would work.

thanx

wtravel

Aha, I am glad you solved the problem. In theory it should be possible to use links to a module in the main menu and the multi menu without a problem. So, I just tested it on my test site and it worked very well.

Other than using the xoops_version.php file to hide a module from the main menu, you can more easily browse to

http://www.yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin

and set the Order for that module to 0.

Anyway, you solved your problem.

Regards,

Martijn

Login

Who's Online

90 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 90

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits