arrakis
how to add a new page without using a module
  • 2005/2/17 8:59

• arrakis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/1

Hi all, I have 2 sites running XOOPS and it's all perfect with all the modules etc, but I didn't understand yet how to add a new empty page without using an existing module or installing a new one.

For example... I have the home page, news and forum, but I want to add another page, let's call it "who we are" (or whatever), just like the home page but with a unique central block with 3 pictures and some text. I tryed to do it but I wasn't able to understand how.

I thought to work on the templates but seems to me that adding a new simple blank page, to fill with a block, should be too much an obvious task that shouldn't have the user to work with the "hard stuff", so I am asking you if there is a simple way, or the best way, to do it, cause I didn't found it yet.

Thanks in advance

jensclas
Re: how to add a new page without using a module

Have you read the operations guide linked on the left?

In admin - preferences - blocks- there is an option - add new block. This block is the one you can use for your own individual blocks of content. Then you need to assign a position to the block...

Another way would be to use Multimenu - create individual pages, and link to them through Multimenu.

arrakis
  • 2005/2/21 8:46

• arrakis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/1

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Yes I know how to add a new block, but I asked a different thing, if is possible to add a new blank page without using a existing module.

I know how to make a new stand-alone html page and wrap it with xoops, adding the php codes, but I wanted to know if there is a way to tell XOOPS to add a blank web page (and automatically link it to the main menu) that I will fill with blocks, and in the future admin this new page with XOOPS instead of editing the html code directly. All that without using or installing a module.

Thanks

rowdie
  • 2005/2/21 9:44

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

The only way to do that is outlined in this FAQ.

texxs
Not what we are all asking . . .
  • 2005/2/26 16:16

• texxs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/14

Thank you for trying to help all we really do appreciate it. But no one seems to understand our question.
The question is not "How do i make a new block?"
The question is "How do i make a new XOOPS page?" or "how do i make a new page using Xoops"
Do we have to make a html file on our hard drives, wrap it in the php code and then upload it (problematic, slow and complicated) or can we just use XOOPS to create a new page that we can add blocks to? (simple and fast)

For example Administration >> Blocks
at the top it says "show blocks visible in:" and then has a drop down box w/ a list of all your pages (or most of them actually). We all want to add some more to that list. Like a page that is "About Us" or "About my blue dog Sam" you know just plain old regular content found in typical web sites...

Did i muddy the question w/ an example? i hope not. It seems very straightforward to me...

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits