solo71
Re: [myEDITO] A user homepage version for test
  • 2005/2/25 15:23

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Got it.

Please test myEdito 0.6.

I have included the hack which display a link in the user profile + the Koivi Editor.

Don't forget to update your system module if you install the userinfo hack.

Let me know !

PS : I'll be away for the week-end (FOSDEM reasons). So take your time to test and report.

carnuke
  • 2005/2/25 15:27

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Who's been busy then !!!

Looking forwar5d to trying this one Solo.

solo71
  • 2005/2/25 15:46

• solo71

• Module Developer

Aaah, Carnuke is back.

Feel free to register and play around on my test site.

The more, the merrier.

astaldaran
  • 2005/2/25 21:30

• astaldaran

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/9 1

Looks great! but it isn't limiting how many editos i can make... is this because I am the admin on my test site or... also where can i get the wysiwyg editor?

ALso could it prefic all their pages with their user name, or something they choose(though unique) that way the sites are more togethor and than on the list of all the editos maybe the user chooses one of their pages as main and that is the only onw listed in the index.

tommyZ
  • 2005/2/26 0:07

• tommyZ

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/1/4 1

Could myEDITO replace users profile pages?

for example, when someone clicks on a user idea, it will take him to that myEDITO user page if that user has one made?

great module you are working on here and I am planning on doing some serious testing for you to help it develop to perfection

cheers

astaldaran
  • 2005/2/26 18:28

• astaldaran

• Just popping in

It could, probably fairly easily with a hack but do we really want to hack the XOOPS core?

solo71
  • 2005/2/28 18:16

• solo71

• Module Developer

Thank you guys. Sorry for the late reply (FOSDEM reasons) but I'll get back to you about all this very soon.

tzvook
  • 2005/2/28 18:53

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Solo

*Great* is the word !!! really, I just now had the time to test the module !!!

But ..... well, there's always a but
I'm a bit confused about it's arangement (functionality is great as I said b4) ... well - probably the structure was inherited from the edito module, as a content module, but (to my opinion at least) here it needs to be a bit different.

It seems to me that the front module page should include a list of "homepages" .... or what you call "Editors" and not pages "editos"
==> instead of some editos leading to one auther, it should be authors (homepage) leading to all (3 or whatever) their "editos"...

Another great thing would be to give a posibility for small clans homepages - means that a few users will make one homepage (like a clan mini site) or that the MyEdito owner wiil have the option to give editing permitions to more users - great for "small workgroups", "families homepages", "Act Groups" and so on...
This one will probably needs a choice in the admin to choose between user picture or custom one.

astaldaran
  • 2005/3/1 3:13

• astaldaran

• Just popping in

yeah the main thing is soem sort of homepage needs to be created as opposed to you seeing all of the pages from teh index menu.

solo71
  • 2005/3/1 9:48

• solo71

• Module Developer

I just typed a long reply and my browser crashed ! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

So...

@ tzvook : Do you mean having as main index page (main link in the menu) an index with all the authors, and then a sublink with all the myEditos?

Regarding "group homepage" it sounds to me a really interesting idea. Though, me think we should let this function for a later version of this module. Let's go step by step.

@tommyZ: In the latest version I have added a hack which allow to display a link in the user profile to his first myEdito/homepage. I thinks this should be enough so far, shouldn't? User has the ability to add his proper link in his profile (bio, signature, weblink,...) if he wants, hasn't?

Now my turn to ask question :

How are we going to handle the "moderation mod"?
So far this function just creat an offline myEdito for which only the admin has right to active or not the page. So, if the page won't display anywhere (except for the author who still have the possiblity to edit it), that means in the other hand that the page is still available with a direct link (respectin groups access rights, of course).

What sould we do :
1) Discard the moderation option? Moderation is useless for this kind of module. Admin still have the possibility to edit any custom page.

2) Only the very first author's myEdito is moderated. If validated the user has the possibility to update or create new page without any restriction?

3) Each and every created or edited myEdito must be validated by admin. Any edited page is set back offline and thus unavailable. Which, in my opinion, is not in the spirit of this module...

Your opinion and suggestions are welcome.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits