Arowana
Re: xRoster 1.0
  • 2005/2/24 22:49

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

Daniel,

I sat here writing this huge response to your last post. I agree with about 50% of it but there is always two sides to every story.

It was the last part you wrote that got me the most and I decided to be the better man like i have always been in this relationship and not give you the satifaction of a response.

You say so many words about this community and how you are all for the community around here. You so worried that post like ours is not good for it. Well I see your point and that is why all I am going to say is this.

I was not attacking you or your programming skills I was stating the facts that you were the first programmer to work on it. It was not finished and it was buggy. All of this is everything you admitted to in your post above. I will quote it so you cant edit it like you did last time.

Remember these post do not show emotions and the way you read and react to them may not be the way they were intented. I beleive you saw the xRoster 1.0 highlight on the front page and you could not help yourself. You came in to see what was said. You saw my name and it was saying something about you. You automaticily took it as a bashing and you thought you had to defend yourself.

Again they dont show emotions so please learn to control yourself for the sake of this community quit trying to put out fires that are not there.

Also so you know Version 2.0 is coming out soon and so far it has been getting great reviews by the select few that have been the beta testers and all your bugs are fixed at this time.

Goodluck to you daniel

Quote:

You are the one who brought my name into this thread with derogatory comments, then when i defend myself, this is what you say? wow NOPE SOMEONE POSTED A LINK TO YOUR SITE READ THE POST AGAIN

I was gunna release it after you would not. so that bugs could be found by the community, like most other projects. I took it down out of respect for your efforts. SO DANIEL ADMITS HE RELEASE IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION AND HE TOOK IT DOWN BECAUSE HE WASNT GOING TO GET PAID.

All modules have bugs... especially the first release. quit trying to make this a reflection of my coding abilities. You released it as 1.0 ... I would have called it 0.6 myself. ADMITTED HE HAD BUGS IN HIS CODE

Thats why youve been running the module on your sites since i sent you the code. HAD TO MAKE DO WITH WHAT YOU GOT

Get it straight, you cancelled payment after I sent you code YEAH BECAUSE YOU RELEASE MY CODE FOR FREE LOOK UP YOU ADMITTED

Treat people? I have no problems with anyone else. Im only attacking you after you bring up my name with derogatory comments, which you didnt have to do, but i can see you cant help it. NICE COMMENT I WAS STATING FACTS NOT MAKING STUFF UP, IT WAS NOT FINISHED, YOU WERE THE FIRST PROGRAMMER, AND IT BUGGY. YOU ADMITTED IT ABOVE LOOK UP

What? I was very cordial to you on the phone except when you cancelled payment after receiving the code. You finally gave in and reversed the issue with PayPal, for me. SO IN THE FINAL YOU GOT PAID BUT ABOVE YOU ACT LIKE YOU DIDNT GET PAID

Sole rights? you cannot have sole rights to GPL code.
You only paid for my time to put the module together for your needs. Get it straight, and quit threatening me with your lawyers. (email proof for anyone who needs it)
YEAH YOU RIGHT I HIRED YOU AND YOUR TIME TO DEV A MODULE THERE FOR UNDER OR AND CA LAW (THAT IS WERE WE BOTH LIVE) THE MODULE BELONGS TO ME. THE LAW IS CLEAR CODE YOU WRITE THAT I ASK FROM YOU WHILE I AM PAYING YOU BELONGS TO ME.

You can take donations all you want, your methods of doing it need improvement, in my honest opinion. WELL I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY I COULD GET SOME OF THE MONEY BACK I PAID FOR IT, BOY WAS I WRONG, YOU GAVE ME THAT IMPRESSION.

Great, hope things work out for you. I quit working for you as soon as i noticed you were too rabid for me. wanting lame features that werent needed by most. So i finished off what you paid for and moved on. You are still holding a grudge MR Arowana. I AM NOT HOLDING ANYTHING LAME FEATURES THAT EVERYONE HAS REQUESTED FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW. HONESTLY THE NUMBER ONE FEATURE THAT HAS BEEN ASKED FOR WAS FOR YOU TO FIX THE BUGS YOU GOT PAID TO TEST.

If you learned PHP and have another programmer, why arent the bugs fixed yet? Im very curious about that. cuz the bugs were easy to fix. Like register globals OFF support.
LIKE VERSION 2.0 IS COMING OUT DID NOT HAVE TIME TO SUPPORT 1.0 SOMETHING WE DID NOT WRITE AND GET 2.0 OUT FOR THE PEOPLE TO ENJOY. A MODULE THAT WORKS THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED.

Wow, still makin stuff up. When coding something, I always put my name inside the credits when i author a module. This was not something that was discussed, as you say.
YOU ADMIT IT YOU ADDED YOUR NAME WITHOUT DISCUSSING IT WITH ME, HMMMMM SINCE IT WAS PAID FOR YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO DO THAT SO I TOOK IT OUT. READ YOUR GPL AGAIN

I included your name since you chartered the project.
Lets see if you can release something worthwhile to the community. YOU INCLUDED MY NAME BECAUSE I REQUIRED IT TO BE IN THERE AND YOU WERE SUCKING UP TO ME TO KEEP YOUR NAME IN THERE

I still have the orginal module i sent you. of course it had some bugs... which you discovered long after we stopped working together. Quit twisting reality. NO IT WAS DISCOVERED WITHIN THE FIRST 30 DAYS AND YOU PROMISED 30 DAYS OF BUG FIX AND SUPPORT.

I may just do that. I see there is a need for this type of module. If anyone has any feedback about the kind of roster they need, start up a module requests thread, and maybe together we can all make a good module for the community, by the community. YEAH GO WORK WITH DANIEL YOU SEE HOW WELL THIS HAS TURNED OUT. HE ONLY DID THIS TO GET HIS NAME OUT THERE SO HE COULD DRUM UP SOME BUSINESS.

You really need to stop Arowana... These kind of posts are no fun for the community to read. You stirred this up yet again, im just here to put the fire out. THEN WHY DO YOU REPLY?

Arowana: We already caught you signing up fake users a few months ago. Then posting against me to make it look like several people are having problems with me. You were caught red handed. You are the only one I have a problem with. NO THAT WAS SOMEONE I FOUND ON THE NET THAT POSTED IN PROGRAMMINGTALK.COM ABOUT YOU I JUST REGISTERED THEN HERE BECAUSE THEY WERE HAVING A HARD TIME. NICE TRY DANIEL BUT IT DIDNT WORK LOOK FOR YOURSELF AT PROGRAMMINGTALK.COM IT SHOULD STILL BE UP THERE.

You need to stop this crap now. YEAH YOU RIGHT I AM TIRED I AM GOING TO BED I WILL SEE YOU TOMORROW AS I KNOW YOU CANT LET ME HAVE THE LAST WORD!

hyperpod
  • 2005/2/24 23:06

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

I dont agree with 90% of what you say.

You never owned any code. I can release any GPL code I wish, that I wrote. You only paid for the time to get the module working for your site.

Bugs? theres always bugs in code. its part of the developemnt process to releases a beta and get these fixed.. You never followed this process.

The person who posted a link to my forum was just trying to help. Dont pin this on them. You are the one who is pointing at me any chance you get, with your ill will.

Since you want to be the sole controller of xRoster, then go for it. I cannot provide support to code that you screwed up.

Only thing I can do is release a better module, not requiring donations, free download.

Let the games begin.

---------

So what about the issue of removing the orginal author from the Credits? any response to that? or are you taking the 5th?

Or how about that you signed up as OneJadedGirl, preteneded your were a girl, and started posting malicious messages in the public forum against me?

Some of your posts were so mailicious, they had to be removed by the admins.

Arowana
  • 2005/2/24 23:13

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

Daniel,

Hyperpod, lavaburst whoever you are I can no longer use these games you suggested we play on this forum to pump up the module. I think it is best we stop playing your games with this community like you said it is ruining it just so you can get your name out there and a module you wrote that is now outdated. I will no longer have any part of these games you suggested we play on this community.

Please lose my personal email address and my phone number.

Goodluck to you Daniel

hyperpod
  • 2005/2/24 23:30

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

Yeah, thats what i thought...

Your last long post introduced so much more BS.
Im not even gunna quote any of it.

Im done. (I wonder what Arowanas last words will be. select them well.)

Im just sorry I got tangled up with Arowana. its been a real headache.

He has some good ideas. after that, his publicity methods need some major work.

hyperpod
  • 2005/2/24 23:44

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

doors:

Um actually, those are not the same issues.
Unless your host has Register Globals set to OFF.

if you msg me, I can help you get a roster working for your site. I'd be glad to help, no strings attached.

Sounds like your working on a music related site. very cool!

Cheers,

Hubkat
  • 2005/5/4 22:55

• Hubkat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/25

Anyone able to tell me how to edit the Application? I want to be able to change the list of games as well as the list of Weapons (Primary and Secondary). Thanks for any help in advance.

Arowana
  • 2005/5/5 0:27

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

you go into the xroster\templates directory and edit the index_template.html template.

After you do that you then update inside the admin\modules

Hope this helps

madcat62
  • 2005/5/5 6:32

• madcat62

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/20

anyone know how to turn the right side block on with this module?

Hubkat
  • 2005/5/5 13:28

• Hubkat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/25

That worked great - Thank you. I have I believe the last of my questions regarding xRoster. Everything is up. I can manually add members, I can set up all the groups and titles and whatnot, and the application comes up perfectly with all the fields set exactly how I want them. The problem that I am having now is after filling out the application, no email is sent to email address I have set for Admin email (ie: Recruiters email address). Furthermore, when I look in the Approve new members it says there are no new applicants yet. It is as if they are filling out the form and it is going NoWhere. Can you help with this as well - Thanks again - Troy.

Oh yeah - and I checked in PhPMyAdmin and looked under xRoster and browsed and it shows where I put in like 5 or 6 test applications (I tried it myself before letting members try it - except one member tried and he is in there as well - in the database that is.) So I know that the data is going somewhere.

Arowana
  • 2005/5/5 14:00

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

madcat62 - xRoster 1.0 does not have a right side block, that was one of the features the programmer thought was stupid and did nto finish, but 2.0 does. If that is what you are talking about then it is in the admin of the blocks.

hubkat - if you talking about 2.0 then inside the prefs of the xRoster you have to set the email address to who will be getting it. If you did this, I have to ask you did you try this before you customized the app?

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits