Staren
Re: Xoops and domain masking?
  • 2005/2/22 2:51

• Staren

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/21

If I keep that setting as it is installed, then the site loads through www.morawski.us ok. Where the problem comes in is with the log-in script. It's the same problem I had with Mambo. It looks like you're logged in, but the session does not stay active once you click a link. As I said in my first post, with Mambo you can use either an htaccess file or header code to open a hole where the log-in info can get past the masking frame, but it's not a great solution. The Mambo fix was:

header( "P3P: CP=CAO DSP COR CURa ADMa DEVa OUR IND PHY ONL UNI COM NAV INT DEM PRE");

in the main index.php of the script. No I didn't figure this one. I found it in a search regarding domain masking a while ago.

brash
  • 2005/2/22 3:07

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I never had this issue, but I can see why there might eb a session issue. I've always used DyDNS as my DNS host, and when using their clocking option the url and domain are fully transparent. Meaning that the physical URL might behttp://some-crappy-free-host/~with/really/long/next/to/usless/paths but with this cloaking option at all times the URL and domain display your masked domain name. This doesn't seem to be the case with you as when you load the site you can see that the data is still listed coming from the physical path.

Staren
  • 2005/2/22 3:30

• Staren

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/21

That's at least good to know for future refrence. Thanks

Well the P3P header code works for Xoops. You can now log-in and navigate the site from wwww.morawski.us , but I don't want to think about the security holes I opened to someone who can minipulate session data. I'm basicly telling the server to let everything pass.

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits