newtan
Please help DMS .097 import file error
  • 2005/1/19 12:12

• newtan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/11

Hi verybody,
I have installed DMS .097 on XOOPS 2.0.9.2
After Installing i created a new folder then click on Import command, type a name, select a file from local folder then click submit.
Result page is an error:
Quote:
Error: Unable to move file.
SP:/tmp/php5C71oj
DP:/1/1/1/500001.datWarning [PHP]: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32388 is not allowed to access / owned by uid 0 in file modules/dms/inc_dest_path_and_file.php line 101
Warning [PHP]: chmod(): Unable to access /1 in file modules/dms/inc_dest_path_and_file.php line 102
Warning [PHP]: chmod(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/1) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/kidsea:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in file modules/dms/inc_dest_path_and_file.php line 102
Warning [PHP]: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32388 is not allowed to access / owned by uid 0 in file modules/dms/inc_dest_path_and_file.php line 107
Warning [PHP]: chmod(): Unable to access /1/1 in file modules/dms/inc_dest_path_and_file.php line 108
Warning [PHP]: chmod(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/1/1) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/kidsea:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in file modules/dms/inc_dest_path_and_file.php line 108
Warning [PHP]: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32388 is not allowed to access / owned by uid 0 in file modules/dms/inc_dest_path_and_file.php line 113
Warning [PHP]: chmod(): Unable to access /1/1/1 in file modules/dms/inc_dest_path_and_file.php line 114
Warning [PHP]: chmod(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/1/1/1) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/kidsea:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in file modules/dms/inc_dest_path_and_file.php line 114
Warning [PHP]: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32388 is not allowed to access / owned by uid 0 in file modules/dms/file_import.php line 55

Anyone please help me to fix this error?
Thanks
Newtan

rifraff
Re: Please help DMS .097 import file error
  • 2005/1/19 16:14

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Hello,

The problem is most likely one of two things:

1. The repository path. Did you configure the repository path after installing the module?

2. Permissions. Does Apache have read/write permissions to the repository path?

If the repository path has been configured and Apache can read and write to the repository, then the problem is most likely with your configuration in the php.ini file.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder

Janks
  • 2005/1/27 18:48

• Janks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/27

I also got an error:

Quote:
Error: Unable to move file.
SP:/tmp/phpBFlMNN
DP:/www/xoops/modules/dms/repository//1/1/1/100002.dat

I think I had configured the repository well, I've got Apache installed on a Linuxserver and I did made the folder writable.

Never had problems with configuring other modules.

Could someone help me with this one?

rifraff
  • 2005/1/31 17:51

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Hello,

The next release, version 0.98 will contain some troubleshooting information in the readme.txt file. However, looking at your error message, it appears that you have a trailing "/" in your repository path. That trailing slash is showing up in the "DP:" part of the error message between "repository" and "1". Your repository path should be: "/www/xoops/modules/dms/repository" not "/www/xoops/modules/dms/repository/".

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder

fatalman
  • 2005/2/16 15:02

• fatalman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/15

Hello!

I've seen that alot of people had/have problems with the repository directory. In my case i solved it finally but when i uploaded it to my my webhosting company i got problems again. This since my webhost runs PHP in safe mode and as PHP/apache runs as another user than me creating directories and uploading pages. The files/directories i upload with ftp gets the uid 21 and the scripts run in PHP/apache has the user 81, as these differ PHP in safe mode says STOP! (can be seen in the first post in this thread!) Is it possible to solve this? (My webhost will not turn safe mode off, and i can't see anythin else they can do, and as i understand it alot of other people have the same problem).

And when it comes to the repository directory me and other windows users may be a bit unsure what this path should be relative to, we are uesd to paths starting with "c:\"
i finally figured it out running phpinfo() telling me where from the script was run and in that way figure out what path to use.

If this mudule could be adapted to us users with safe mode i would be very happy, thanks alot in advance!

//Martin

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits