Wheeler
Re: Jamroom-like Module for Music Artists to make profiles and music uploads
  • 2005/2/15 0:42

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/29

Lots of features.
I think the basics of this module are available on xoops. Like links, downloads, calendar, radio...

I wonder how hard it would be to integrate all the features?

Modules like this one, and XOOPS in general, have inspired me to learn php. Now I am at the part of the course where I plan and build an application. Well, we'll see what happens... it's going to be something for artists or a topsiteslist module.

Thanks for the input everybody.
Peace!

m0nty
  • 2005/2/15 1:09

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

ok :) i think the list on page 3 of this thread hopefully should be enough to go on for a 1st release..

the events management side can probably be added later on??

davidl2
  • 2005/2/15 1:09

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Jinzora & Netjuke are good examples of this sort of thing as well....

500 quids? Not bad at all!

dlh
  • 2005/2/15 1:17

• dlh

• Since: 2002/2/20

I would love a Jinzora or like port. Jinzora is a great app and has all the features required.

Dan

script_fu
Music module...

Wow this has really takin off...

I wonder if there is way to have this module display info in a way that would make all who needs it happy.

What im talking about is a hook style system inside of the module. Xaraya (http://www.xaraya.com/ ) has this hook style approch thru out there whole frame work. I know XOOPS is not capable of this yet.

But just because XOOPS can't hook to other modules doesn't mean that a module couldn't be built using this style of codeing. Internally within the module one should be able to display the content the way they want on the front page. If you want to set it up by artist or by venue it should be flexable enough to do that.

Example:

Venues: 844
Bands & Musicians: 372
DJ & KJ: 38
Comedians: 3
Total Show Dates: 3384 (249 next 7 days)
Mailing List Subscribers: 1420
Message Board Posts: 93 (last 7 days)

This above kinda says it all.
Stats taken from www.mdparty.com
Whats interesting about this site is the abilty to display all information in an even manner.

The whole module for lack of a better word is searchable in in manner that all users need. Its all tied together. I say thats "impressive" at the very least. The data on that site can be sorted in any manner thats needed.

I think this could be done and all features should have a check box next to it to "toggle on or off". As for me the venues are going to be my staple - then the entertainment. Thus my concern about being able to set up the blocks in the same fashion already in use here at xoops. I know it would be quite extensive but lets do this right! Each "cat" should have its own block. That way we as user can decide how to set up our sites.

Example:

Website would start off something like this...

Stats: center block center 10
Bands: center block center 20
Venues: center block center 30
City: center block center 40
State: center block center 50
Zip Code: center block center 60
Event Calendar: center block center 70

and so fourth...

So really its a matter of how many blocks do we really need?
All the blocks must talk to each other in a "searchable sortable" way! That way we don't limit others out of this project.

This module should be a one stop "music" module period! No shaming include all "cats" from the very conception.

This module should be a one stop "music" module period! No shaming include all "cats" from the very conception.

Did I say that loud enough? Maybe caps would be better... kidding lol

Man this is becomeing a lil long but should give a better idea for all I hope.

I will have an extra $100.00 dollars american by next week to donate to this project. I would like to incourage all to voice whats needed.

davidl2
  • 2005/2/15 1:50

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

The chap behind Jinzora was interested in doing a mod for XOOPS - but the way XOOPS works prevented it working apparently... Wonder if Jinzora 2 would be any better?

saying which - I know Jinzora is not *quite* what people are after here...

script_fu
Music module

Zina installed with out a hitch as a module. Granted no way to access the module from admin but its there!

www.purewolf.com

I haven't had time to play with it yet...
-------------------------------------------------

Also I install jamroom...

www.mrwrecker.com

m0nty
Re: Music module
  • 2005/2/15 2:06

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

at the moment i think jinzora isn't quite suited.. but that's definitely not to say it couldn't be incorporated at a later date/version.

the mdparty site is impressive on the searching etc :) cross that site with harderfaster's use of left & right column blocks etc and it's features and i think a picture can be formed :)

the hook system sounds good if it can actually be done like suggested..

so now we have a function list and a layout idea :) + a few people willing to donate..

script_fu

Looks like we have at least 210.00 dollars pleged. So what should we do? Should someone set up a site like the AMS donation site? Should we get herko to set this up thru paypal for this music module? Will he want to? We need someone in the community thats well regarded and willing to step up to the plate and direct this project.

script_fu

This calendar module would be one hell of a start on doing the music module the right way.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31269&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=0

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1092&release_id=413#selected

Opinions we all have them...

Login

Who's Online

261 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 261

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits