bradburn
An important question!
  • 2005/2/11 9:58

• bradburn

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/26

Hi everyone,

the XOOPS community has been unbelievably helpful to me recently - and I just want to say thanks (i will donate once the site is finished.

I just have a very important question.

I am replacing an old intranet, and using XOOPS to do it.
I want to be able to have a section in my site called "Policies". i would like this to be a html page that loads up in the site (I will use xt_conteudo - the only html mod that i can get to work).

Is it possible to have links on the html page in XOOPS that can open another window and load the document (even if its a PDF)? I really need to have a section page that you can access documents and forms from - they need to load in a seperate window and doesnt need to look related to the intranet.

Is this possible - and how would i do this, as simple as possible please)

Thank you so so so so so much for any replies

Rob

Mithrandir
Re: An important question!

Simple [url ] tags in the text should do that (I am not familiar with xt_conteudo, though, so I cannot tell you if there is anything else, you should be aware of in that respect)

bradburn
  • 2005/2/11 10:17

• bradburn

• Not too shy to talk

Thankyou so much for your speedy response,
I thought it was possible - i just needed to confirm it, so thanks so much.

One more thing (sorry!), I am going to have 7 sections in the website, One of them will be "policies". I want each of them to appear as seperate links on the left main menu.

Do i need to duplicate my html module to do this (re-naming it each time)?

Surely there must be a better way of doing it?

Also, what html wrapper do you use?

Many many thanks,

Rob B

centaurmyst
  • 2005/2/11 10:19

• centaurmyst

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

I downloaded "SmartSection" earlier from the Module Dev Forge area. I only played around with it a few minutes, but it looks like it would be perfect for what you're wanting to do. It's still being worked on and you'd have to update it, but from what I could tell it looks fully functional with extensive abilities. You can find it under the Development section.

Mithrandir

for the main menu worries, I suggest you use a module such as MultiMenu.

carnuke
  • 2005/2/11 10:24

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Quote:
i would like this to be a html page that loads up in the site (I will use xt_conteudo - the only html mod that i can get to work).

I have not used this module, but Im suprised that you have not been able to get others to work.

I have personaly used freecontent (ignoring the webdigest) also tinycontent and there are quite a few FAQs about how to wrap html content. You often need to use a customisable menu module like multi-menu so that you can open your own pages, but this is very easy to do.

Do you think we need to make a clearer instruction about the options available regarding including users own html content on a XOOPS website?

bradburn
  • 2005/2/11 13:08

• bradburn

• Not too shy to talk

This forum is excellent - what great support everyone gives.

Quote:

Do you think we need to make a clearer instruction about the options available regarding including users own html content on a XOOPS website?

I thought that maybe XOOPS would have a block manager that would have a wysiwyg html editor built in - but alas no.

the Instructions are ok , the FAQ clearly states that HTML can be used in XOOPS - that was my first question.

Then i had to decide - edit all my html pages to include above/below code and save as *.php OR use a piece of software like CJ content or XT_conteudo to import content.

I chose the user friendly version and went for the software. I was hoping that there would be one popular choice for html software that everyone used becuase it was such a good package. Everyone uses different modules - its quite confusing.

I downloaded CJ content, but when i click the wysiwyg section it just displays a blank page. Now I use conteudo and its in spanish - I am a real noob

What i am really looking for is 5 department sections (listed on left menu), i click these and it displays the relevant department page. On the department page is displayed links to various html and pdf documents that can load in seperate window. What do you guys think are the best modules for this? (i think multimenu looks useful)

Sorry about long message - and thanks so much guys,

Rob B

m0nty
  • 2005/2/11 13:19

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

multimenu would be great for myour links to the pages..

i personally used freecontent to display a html page as a homepage like Carnuke did, if u disable the webdigest (instructions are pretty clear on how to disable webdigest and link to the html page) :)

note tho: with all the wrapper modules, you might need to be careful of how u design your html page especially if using tables in it, but mostly i think freecontent was my best choice for displaying a single html page :)

bradburn
  • 2005/2/11 14:38

• bradburn

• Not too shy to talk

sorry M0nty,

where would i find the info on how to disable web digest, being a noob means things dont jump out at me!

Cheers,

Rob

m0nty
  • 2005/2/11 14:49

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

it's in the readme file that comes with the module :)

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits