Larke
Template, Theme/css pages not updating
  • 2005/2/9 5:53

• Larke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/4 2

I've changed some of the template pages and they just won't update on the server.

I've copied the template files in the template manager. Some aren't generated and I can't GET them to generate for some modules. But that aside, I should be able to simply overwrite theme.html and style.css in the theme folder for this design. It won't work.

I added a background image in the style.css. It shows in IE but not in FF. Yet the very same code worked fine on my old site. I downloaded the current copy of style.css from the server. It appears to have the correct changes. Yet they do not appear in FF. I have cleared the browser cache.

I'm using smart_ftp to upload. I also tried clearing the template_c directory. Deleted everything in it. No joy.

Help? :)

WarDick
Re: Template, Theme/css pages not updating
  • 2005/2/9 5:56

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Don't forget about the browser's cache. Sometimes you may need to restart firefox.

robertalbert

I got a same problem, i guess.

I've changed a theme.html file with some XOOPS code from another theme, copied some code into my theme but the browser shows no change.

I emptied the cache, looked for the problem but cannot find a solution.

luftikus143

Did anyone find a solution? Would be nice if you could post it here for everybody else who is messing around with the same problem.

Thanks.

jdseymour

Here is the Faq Page on this subject.

luftikus143

Yep, I read this already. But it did not solve my problems. I deleted the template_c file. I deleted the cache. This preferences option is on YES. But still the changes are not reflected...

jdseymour

Then redownload a fresh copy of the item with the changes you made and make sure that the changes are reflected. Sometimes FTP will not complete an operation for any number of reasons.

I know this may sound silly but it is worth a check.

luftikus143

I am working locally. So no FTP involved. But thanks for the try!

carnuke
  • 2005/2/23 14:53

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Quote:
This nearly always remedies the problem. If your changes are still not visible, then it's time to re-check your work.

Thats the last part of the FAQ ... how to check??

If you changed an image. do this..

call the new image in your browser

ie

http://yoursite.com/themes/mytheme/images/newlogo.jpg

It should display in your browser window

IF it does. check that the theme.html file is calling the correct file that you just tested.

If it does not, the image maybe

a- corrupted
b- not the address you think
c- different file type
d- not uploaded at all!
e- not entered correctly in the theme.html page

It's tedious, I know, but the simple things often catch you out.

luftikus143

Yes, tedious indeed. I know, I know... Don't want to remember these hours and even days looking for the reason of a problem ... and then finding it in a line of code, checked already 23 times, mispelled command or so...

Let's look what I do:

I am working with the <b>wfdownloads</b> module. I want to change the way the list of documents is displayed. So a bit of tuning of html/css.

The viewcat.php calls "$xoopsOption['template_main'] = 'wfdownloads_viewcat.html';" ... so I guess it's the file in the template subfolder (of the same module).

Here, just for a try, I delete the whole code. And safe the file.

I delete the files in the template_c folder. I delete the cache. I load the page in another browser.

Still, the whole code displays...

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits