rifraff
Re: Document Management System (DMS) and Swish
  • 2005/2/4 14:07

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
Brian may correct me on this, but AFAIK, documents can be promoted up through numerous stages of a 'lifecycle'. For
SNIP
Back in the main screen, a 'Promote' link will appear next to the document. Click this and the file will automatically be moved to the folder you designated for the next stage in it's lifecycle.

I think...?

Of course, if I got that wrong, or you already knew all this, I just wasted a lot of perfectly good pixels!

This is a great description of how to create a lifecycle.

--Brian Reifsnyder

MorelyDotes

Thanks much to both peekay and Brain. I have a company meeting in about 20 minutes at which I wil lbe able to demonstrate the level of support for this module specifically, and XOOPS in general, because of you guys!

I forgot to ask - how can I set permissions for the results? I don't see anything in the administration section for the module, nor in blocks.

rifraff
  • 2005/2/4 18:22

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Quote:

MorelyDotes wrote:
Thanks much to both peekay and Brain. I have a company meeting in about 20 minutes at which I wil lbe able to demonstrate the level of support for this module specifically, and XOOPS in general, because of you guys!

I forgot to ask - how can I set permissions for the results? I don't see anything in the administration section for the module, nor in blocks.

Hello,

By results, I am assuming that you are refering to having the permissions automatically change depending which lifecycle stage the document is in? That feature has not been implemented yet. But, the database support is in place...I just need to write the code to utilize the database. Since nobody mentioned it yet, I haven't placed it high on my priority list. I do have that capability in my "Version 2.0 Roadmap," however. I may add it in an early version 1.x release.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder

Peekay
  • 2005/2/4 19:52

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:
This is a great description of how to create a lifecycle.

Thx Brian. I am also available to describe weddings and Bar Mitzvah.

MorelyDotes

Quote:

rifraff wrote:
Quote:

MorelyDotes wrote:
how can I set permissions for the results? I don't see anything in the administration section for the module, nor in blocks.

By results, I am assuming that you are refering to having the permissions automatically change depending which lifecycle stage the document is in?

Actually, no. I am getting a blank list of documents, even though the degugger says there are 36 hits. Since I don't understand the code that is (presumably) supposed to generate the list of documents, I can't figure out what I need to change to make it possible to see the results.

We haven't implemented lifecycles yet, and ATM it's a much lower priority than being able to find a given document easily with a full-text search.

rifraff
  • 2005/2/4 21:20

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Quote:

MorelyDotes wrote:
Quote:

rifraff wrote:
Quote:

MorelyDotes wrote:
how can I set permissions for the results? I don't see anything in the administration section for the module, nor in blocks.

By results, I am assuming that you are refering to having the permissions automatically change depending which lifecycle stage the document is in?

Actually, no. I am getting a blank list of documents, even though the degugger says there are 36 hits. Since I don't understand the code that is (presumably) supposed to generate the list of documents, I can't figure out what I need to change to make it possible to see the results.

We haven't implemented lifecycles yet, and ATM it's a much lower priority than being able to find a given document easily with a full-text search.

Ok, try upgrading to version 0.98 and go to the DMS Configuration/Search Configuration screen and click on the "Write Configuration Files" button. (Don't forget to save your config files elseware...just in case.) Then, go to the repository directory and execute "swish-e -c swish-e.conf". See if that works. Also, what version of SWISH-E are you using? It is possible that they changed the format of the output enough to break compatibility. I tried, unsuccessfully, to download a new copy today. I'll try again on Monday.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder

traysee
  • 2005/2/5 1:37

• traysee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/5 1

I downloaded and installed DMS on my Windows box. All of the threads indicate how to get DMS to work in a Linux environment - but how do you get it to work in a Windows environment?

rifraff
  • 2005/2/7 1:28

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Hello,

To install in in a Windows environment, just modify the repository path as required for Windows pathing conventions.

i.e.

D:\www\xoops\modules\dms\repository

DMS is developed in a Linux environment; but, due to the php engine, it also runs in a Windows environment. I personally have tested it on a box with IIS 5.0/PHP/MySQL installed and it ran flawlessly. I haven't tried it on Windows with Apache, however.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder

MorelyDotes

Quote:

rifraff wrote:
Ok, try upgrading to version 0.98 and go to the DMS Configuration/Search Configuration screen and click on the "Write Configuration Files" button.

Yep, did that before the last post.

Quote:
Then, go to the repository directory and execute "swish-e -c swish-e.conf". See if that works.

The data is there, but it's not being displayed. If I comment out enough of the "if" statements, I can get a raw list of documents; it's just not printing the "massaged" data.

Quote:
Also, what version of SWISH-E are you using? It is possible that they changed the format of the output enough to break compatibility.

It's 2.4.3

Thanks!

rifraff
  • 2005/2/7 18:20

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Quote:

MorelyDotes wrote:
Quote:

rifraff wrote:
Ok, try upgrading to version 0.98 and go to the DMS Configuration/Search Configuration screen and click on the "Write Configuration Files" button.

Yep, did that before the last post.

Quote:
Then, go to the repository directory and execute "swish-e -c swish-e.conf". See if that works.

The data is there, but it's not being displayed. If I comment out enough of the "if" statements, I can get a raw list of documents; it's just not printing the "massaged" data.

Quote:
Also, what version of SWISH-E are you using? It is possible that they changed the format of the output enough to break compatibility.

It's 2.4.3

Thanks!

Ok, I was able to download 2.4.3 today. I should be able to take a look at the problem on Wednesday. From your description, it appears that they changed the output of SWISH-E slightly and it broke compatibility.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits