tigege
Document Management System (DMS) and Swish
  • 2004/11/10 14:03

• tigege

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/10

Hello,
I have just installed DMS.
Now, I would like to know how to configure Swish.
Must I create an setting /etc/swish.conf
and modules/dms/repository/swish-e.conf ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

kc7bfi
Re: Document Management System (DMS) and Swish
  • 2004/11/12 14:17

• kc7bfi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/12

I have the same question...

Is there something I need to do to get DMS to start indexing the document repository?

David

tigege
  • 2004/11/15 13:23

• tigege

• Just popping in

I've finally found the answer.
You must open the /YOUR PATH/dms/repository/swish-e.conf
and modify the line :
FileFilter .dat "/var/www/xoops/modules/dms/repository/_binfilter.sh" "'%p'"
as your path /YOUR PATH/dms/repository/.

Best regards

tigege
  • 2004/11/15 13:29

• tigege

• Just popping in

I've forgot to emphazise that you must in order to create the index run the command line :

swish-e -c /YOUR PATH/dms/repository/swish-e.conf.

Best regards

MorelyDotes

Sorry, duplicate post caused by the "back" button.

MorelyDotes

Right, I've done all that, and the index.swish-e that's generated is about 3 megabytes in size. However, when I do a full-text search, I either get "no results" or the headers for a document list with no documents listed in it.

Obviously, I'm doing somethign wrong - but what?

rifraff
  • 2005/2/3 16:49

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Hello,

There are two files, _binfilter.sh and swish-e.conf, that will need to be copied to the top level of your repository. (The top level of your repository being the directory you configured for the repository.) You will then need to configure the swish-e.conf file as per the following example:

IndexDir /var/www/xoops/modules/dms/repository/
IndexFile /var/www/xoops/modules/dms/repository/index.swish-e
TruncateDocSize 100000
IndexReport 1
FileFilter .dat "/var/www/xoops/modules/dms/repository/_binfilter.sh" "'%p'"

Once that is done, you will be able to create the index with the following command:

swish-e -c /var/www/xoops/modules/dms/repository/swish-e.conf

The next release (0.98) will create both the _binfilter.sh and swish-e.conf files for you. I hope to be releasing the next version tomorrow.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder

MorelyDotes

Quote:

rifraff wrote:
The next release (0.98) will create both the _binfilter.sh and swish-e.conf files for you. I hope to be releasing the next version tomorrow.

I look forward to that.

However, I still have the problem of a lack of printed results. I uncommented the line (somewhere around line 171) in search_ft.php which prints the number of results retrieved, but there are still no actual results listed below the "Document(s) - Version" header.

Is there something I can do to fix this? I don't understand enough PHP yet to find the problem myself.

Incidentally, except for this (and the total lack of "lifecycles" definitions that make any sense to me), this module is ideal for my company's need to manage documents.

Peekay
  • 2005/2/4 0:12

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Brian may correct me on this, but AFAIK, documents can be promoted up through numerous stages of a 'lifecycle'. For example, a draft document can start at stage 0 in folder 'A'. Modify the document and select the 'Promote' link that appears next to a lifecycle-enabled file and DMS will automatically move it to folder 'B', and so on. You need to define the lifecycle first and then apply it to a document.

First, create the folders for the lifecycle, e.g. Drafts, Approvals, Final, etc.

Click the 'Lifecycles' link on the main DMS page.
Click 'New'
Click 'Edit' next to the '_new' link that appears in the 'Lifecycles' box

Under 'Lifecycle Properties' enter:

Name: 'mynewcycle' (or whatever).
Description: 'A new lifecycle' (or whatever).

Press the 'Update' button (important).

Next, press the 'New' button under Options (top left panel).

Click 'Edit' next to the 'NEW' link that appears in the 'Lifecycle Stages' box.

Under 'Stage Number' enter the first numbered stage, e.g.

then, in the folder 'tree', press the radio button next to the folder that you want the document to move to when it is promoted 'up' a stage in the document's lifecycle.

Press 'Update' and 'Exit'.

Press the 'New' button again under 'Options' and repeat the above procedure to add further stages to the lifecycle, e.g. 2, 3, 4 etc. choosing a different folder each time.

To 'attach' a lifecycle to a document, select the 'Options' link next to the document, press the 'Lifecycle' button and select the lifecycle you want to use with it. Press the 'Apply' button to save the changes.

Back in the main screen, a 'Promote' link will appear next to the document. Click this and the file will automatically be moved to the folder you designated for the next stage in it's lifecycle.

I think...?

Of course, if I got that wrong, or you already knew all this, I just wasted a lot of perfectly good pixels!

rifraff
  • 2005/2/4 14:02

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:

However, I still have the problem of a lack of printed results. I uncommented the line (somewhere around line 171) in search_ft.php which prints the number of results retrieved, but there are still no actual results listed below the "Document(s) - Version" header.

Is there something I can do to fix this? I don't understand enough PHP yet to find the problem myself.

Incidentally, except for this (and the total lack of "lifecycles" definitions that make any sense to me), this module is ideal for my company's need to manage documents.

Hello,

The line you uncommented was debugging code. (There are many commented-out print statements that I left in to make it easier for me to debug. I usually remove them after several releases where I didn't use them.) Assuming that everything is configured correctly. The reason you should be not be seeing any results below the "Document(s) - Version" header is because you don't have the permissions to see them. The reason that it works like this (at this time) is because doing a full text search works backwards. In other words, the program determines what documents are available before it determines if you have the permissions to view the documents. If it determines that documents are available, then it displays the header. Only after the header is displayed does it determine if you can see them or not. I need to fix that.

I'll see if I can find the description I wrote regarding lifecycles and add it to the next readme.txt file.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits