PHPhurts
Change the Registration Form
  • 2005/1/24 6:13

• PHPhurts

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/28

I've searched the threads for a reasonable, refined solution to change the registration screen... For example, my user's will fall into several groups... Broker's, Agent's, Outside Broker's, Outside Agent's, Client's, Outside Customers and Vendor's... The registration form ask's questions that are irrelevant to my type of site, such as show email address to others? Or the request for Homepage info doe's apply to vendor's but not clients... Also, I would like to collect the new user's physical address and contact numbers at this point... Anyway, wondering if the next version will allow for such thing's, and when it is expected in release... It would be great if each group was given abilities to customize new user set up...

Found a guide in French but I just couldn't follow along enough, to make it work... Involved alot of hacking of the XOOPS kernal files.... Not something I really wanna tackle if I don't have to.... Any help is greatly appreciated?!?!

PHPhurts
Re: Change the Registration Form
  • 2005/1/24 7:17

• PHPhurts

• Just popping in

The following best illustrates why I chose phphurts as my nom de plume...

Instead of living constricted by the structure of the current user registration set up in the core, what if one just designed around it? like create a new registration module that is called out or perhaps a formulize solution? I just wanna capture the data in mysql, and verify email.

my head hurts...

jegelstaff

I believe the hope is that these features will be available in 2.2, the next big release of XOOPS for end users. 2.1 will be a development version that will hopefully make it easy to swap out the registration system and replace it with one more suited to your needs.

We have plans to do something like what you describe for the 2.0.X branch of XOOPS. You can read about it here:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=2951479

I can't say when such a solution would be complete though, it's still in the planning stages.

--Julian

PHPhurts
  • 2005/2/23 20:55

• PHPhurts

• Just popping in

THATS IT EXACTLY!!! ROLE BASED REGISTRATION!! EXCELLENT!! Can a novice be of any assistance to the effort?

jegelstaff

Thanks for the interest. Sorry for the extreme delay in replying.

There may actually be some movement on this in the core for the next release in the 2.0.x branch after 2.0.10, so we'll see what happens. We will definitely be backing a role based profile solution (we need to have something like this working by the end of May).

Unfortunately, from a development point of view, there's not anything for a novice to do, it's pretty complicated work. But voicing the need for this kind of feature is a good way to help put it on the agenda. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, my mama used to say.

--Julian

PHPhurts
  • 2006/9/3 12:41

• PHPhurts

• Just popping in

Greetings,

Just downloaded and installed the latest version of XOOPS 2.0.15 and was wondering if this issue has been addressed? Is there role based registration available yet or a module?

Regards to all those hard core developers!!!

jegelstaff

Hello,

I don't believe 2.0.15 has customization of the profile form.

But the Formulize and Reg Codes modules work together to provide a customizable profile form for users. It changes the way registration works in your site though, so that users must have a code in order to register, you can't throw it open to the public.

For more information:http://www.freeformsolutions.ca/formulize

The readme files are pretty detailed.

--Julian

P.S. The next release, probably sometime in September or early October, will have a lot of improvements to the behaviour of the profile form, including the ability to mark fields as "private" so that the information in them is only visible to admins.
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

RachelVirago

It seems like I have been waiting almost as long as for this as I have been using Xoops. It is going by the forums a much needed fuctionality.

Have installed and run 2.2 for a while and looked very promising but by now have so much invested in 2.0,x.x i doubt I will ever migrate to the next major revision Would be easier to ask the membership to move to a new install.

How many other people in this position I wonder?

All is not lost, just co-opted a coder onto the team and am setting them up a dev site soon. If we can develop something solid we will of course share
Being transgender is NOT a choice.

PHPhurts
  • 2006/9/6 5:31

• PHPhurts

• Just popping in

So I wonder if you could use the current registration system, modify the PHP file in the english directory to meet my sites needs and functionality. Then as users register, create a group based only on their user name and create 'modules' and tools that are strictly protected by their "group name"... not sure I'm makeing sense... But my goal is to create a portal that handles real estate transactions, including management, that allows the users to interact with agents and follow progress online. I swear XOOPS can be modified for this use, but I could be wrong... Input is appreciated!!

Shine
  • 2006/9/6 6:03

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Please take a look at GIJOE's website. There's a module/hack called 'minihaku-1.06' (http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/md/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=78)
He has also written a 6 pages tutorial in how to use/apply this module.
See:http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/md/news/index.php?page=article&storyid=352

minihaku is a module for XOOPS 2.0.x
In this document, you'll learn how to customize the designing of "registering user" and "editing user".

Grtz., Shine

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits