PHPhurts
It seems that Protector isn't in place for the login page?
  • 2005/1/23 4:27

• PHPhurts

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/28

anyway to turn it on so that it exists in the login page? seem's to be working and in place in all the other pages. I did select all in the install process, but would swear it isn't in the login page?

m0nty
Re: It seems that Protector isn
  • 2005/1/23 4:34

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

maybe a silly question, but have u made the protector block accessible to anonymous group?

and how exactly are you finding out if it is or not?

PHPhurts
  • 2005/1/23 5:14

• PHPhurts

• Just popping in

Hi Monty,

I did verify that protector shows up in anon in the admin panel for protector... My reasoning for assuming that protector is not functioning is somewhat less clear... In the setup theme I am running in the left column where protector resides, before I installed protector in that column, I had removed everything else, including the menu's so the left column was stripped empty.... This caused my theme to not place anythng on the left side graphic... So when I had content active in the center column the left side graphic did not appear and the page loooked funny... After I installed protector the, suddenly the page returned to it's buetifal appearence with the complete graphic.... Mind you the only thing present in the left column was protector... When I click on login, I again have the ugly unfinished theme, because i stripped the menu's out of the login page, and I am assuming that if the protector module was there, it would fix the graphic problem.... I could be nuts, and probably am....

I started thinking that the login page is directly addressed and not residing in a module, thus the protector isn't somehow invoked.... Like I said, I'm probably nuts....

PHPhurts
  • 2005/1/23 5:20

• PHPhurts

• Just popping in

I may be all wet...

As I think about this, if protector is involved in stopping session stealing, then a fresh login page doesn't have a session to steal??? My head hurts.....

m0nty
  • 2005/1/23 5:33

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

lmao.. well it is 6am here.. my head hurts too..

but it maybe that you're right, but it may not be needed there anyway which could be another reason.. i'm not all that up on what protector exactly protects, the best person to talk to regarding that would be GIJOE..

WarDick
  • 2005/1/23 6:14

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

I believe that it must work on the login to be effective.

WarDick
  • 2005/1/23 6:37

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

Try a rapid succession of bad logins you should get a message if it is working.

WarDick
  • 2005/1/23 6:46

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

I just found this discussion on GIJoe's Forum.

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits