gawel
theme testing
  • 2005/1/21 15:47

• gawel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/2 2

Hi,
how can I test a new theme on my site? Do I need a test XOOPS installation to do it, or it is a way I could do this on a live site? I don't wont my users to see this tests!

Gambero[removed]
Re: theme testing

Put a block "Themes" as hidden in groups (registered and anonimous). Then go to general settings in admin panel and select your theme ... then only you can change themes and users can't see it. They allways see default theme...

gawel
  • 2005/1/21 18:57

• gawel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/2 2

I don't have this block (at all, I also don't have "recent commnets" block, and I don't know why ) but it doesn't matter. I don't understand what I should do. If I change theme in admin>>general setting I can change default theme, but it will change theme for everybody, not only administartors. Am I wright?. It XOOPS 1.0 there was possibility to choose if I change theme to onlly one user or to everyone.
I don't have desription of the two next fields after "Update themeset files from themes/ directory?", second is for templates, but the first one? Perhapd here I choose theme for all users? Also for new users?

Gambero[removed]

In Admin Panel / System / General settings you have to see this:

Resized Image

Now you have to click CTRL and select your themes where writes "HERE!!!"

Resized Image

Now go to System / Blocks and at the top select a group "Administrators"

Resized Image

Now find the block "Themes" and set it as visible.

Now go to System / Groups and set to registered and anonimous users that they can't see the themes block. That's all.

LazyBadger

IQuote:

gawel wrote:
how can I test a new theme on my site?

As slightly different solution - you can try test theme for your site on my test-sitehttp://themes.xoops2.ru

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits