richbrown
Chat Rooms
  • 2005/1/21 5:51

• richbrown

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Hi

I have been looking for a module for a chat room. It seems there are only two available. PCPin which is not an official XOOPS module and Flash Chat available through Darren's Script room. This has a link to a XOOPS version but is not an official XOOPS module.

I want to be able to build a site for a friend who wants a video chat room available to him 24/7 to talk to his daughter who is a missionary in China.

Do you know of any chat room module available that will allow video conferencing? Can I build a site and then link to another site that might provide this facility? Is it possible to get a personal chat room?

I must admit I never go to chat rooms and have no idea how they work!

Thanks for the help

Rich

Kainaij
Re: Chat Rooms
  • 2005/1/21 6:42

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

I'd suggest you use an instant messenger such as Yahoo! Messenger or MSN Messenger. That may be more up your alley than a service that any module can provide. Especially since it involves video conferencing.

Tovenaar
Re: Chat Rooms
  • 2005/1/21 6:54

• Tovenaar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/6 8

I'm actually a frequent chatter and I like ircmod very much. But it's a java based IRC client with no cam support. I like the subject, you're making me beg for more

I don't think any of this is available for xoops, but something else to embed into a XOOPS page would be very nice.

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits