kiwiguy
xcgal members unable to upload pics!
  • 2005/1/18 14:13

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

1 of my members in my site has expressed deep concerns that he is unable to upload pics when he does it comes up with this error message

Quote:
"Failed to create directory albums/userpics/10012 !"

Could this be a simple CHMOD problem as when I checked my album and userpics folders in the xcgal foleder they were set at 755 not 777! Could this be the problem or is there a deeper issue? I know on installing this module I did CHMOD albums and userpics to 777 but they seem to always go back to 755 even after changing the permissions in my servers cpanel in file management section.

thanks in advance

kiwiguy

m0nty
Re: xcgal members unable to upload pics!
  • 2005/1/18 14:18

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

it's definitely a permission problem by the looks of it.. the script can't write to the folder..

as for solving it, i not sure if u keep changing it and it reverts back to 755 i don't know.. does the XOOPS and myalbum have the same user permissions on the server..

ie what does your ftp or cpanel say for the owner of the scripts? just tryin to figure things out.. but maybe your host might be able to give you some help.. but i think the chmod values are definitely the cause..

kiwiguy
  • 2005/1/18 14:27

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

Hey monty

Well I went to my cpanel provided by my host and changed the permissions via there the first time because the first time everytime i changed the permissions through the ftp client it would always revert back to 755, it seemed to fix the problem until recently!

I have also got the permissions set right in the XOOPS admin side as well in xcgallery>preferences!

I just went and re changed the permissions again in cpanel as the same issue was arising with the ftp client unable to make the changes as soon as I change it to 777 it revert back to 755 so i changed it via the hosts cpanel and so far so good its stuck!

But its a problem that most probably will occur again if it has happened again so I was wondering is there much I can do to prevent this in the future? Also is this my problem or the hosting side problem??

kiwiguy

m0nty
  • 2005/1/18 14:30

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

it sounds like a hosting side issue, as thery may have set default permissions in their server setups.. however i don't know if there could be a .htaccess method of sorting it.. i will try and find out for you tho, but it maybe worth a chat with your hosts techie guys..

Login

Who's Online

541 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 541

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits