MLimburg
AutoLinks and AutoAcronym
  • 2004/1/6 0:40

• MLimburg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/8 2

Two ideas, one already seen in the *nuke world.

AutoLinks

Simple enough, a core module which can link into any content (articles, forums, etc) that will replace a textual term with a auto-generated link. For example, replace the word 'ThisWord' with the code '(a href="CustomLink" title="CustomDescription")ThisWord(/a)'.

This could also be linked in with the weblinks area for things like clicking counting ...

AutoAcronym

Same as above, but to allow simple mouse-over hovers. For example, change 'WYSIWYG' with '(acronym title="What You See Is What You Get")WYSIWYG(/acronym)'.

davidl2
Re: AutoLinks and AutoAcronym
  • 2004/1/6 0:42

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I like the idea very much - Ananadtech does something similar as well I believe...

So - who's going to code it?

Ramon2
  • 2004/5/2 22:29

• Ramon2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/27

Is there any progress in this subject?
I'm new to XOOPS - previously used PostNuke - and really liked the autolinks module.

Actually I could not believe a CMS like XOOPS didn't have this module as a core module!

chrometuna
  • 2005/1/14 17:34

• chrometuna

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/24

Quote:

Ramon2 wrote:
Is there any progress in this subject?
I'm new to XOOPS - previously used PostNuke - and really liked the autolinks module.

Actually I could not believe a CMS like XOOPS didn't have this module as a core module!

I am very interested in such a thing as well! Has there been any movement on this?

I really wish I had the skills and knowledge to code modules and such, but I have so many different things going on that I dont really have time to learn how to do this.

So I very much appreciate everyone elses efforts!

Cheers
tuna

spiff
  • 2005/1/16 18:08

• spiff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

I vote for that!

The module could have an admin section to enter specific terms that should be replaced with URLs or Glossary terms. Rather than forcefully replacing content in the database, it could replace content on-the-fly (that's what happens with urls and emails already, which are all parsed and rendered in makeClickable() in /class/module.textsanitizer.php).

Login

Who's Online

261 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 261

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits