malexandria
Where Can I Find Template Sets?

Hey Everyone,

What happened to all the templates and themesets from when 2.0 was first launched? On the main site, there are a lot of Themes, and people are posting new themes all the time, but I can't find any template sets. I'm looking for a combination theme/template set, the template that I'm using now is one that I hacked along with my themes, it works perfectly fine, but I can't upgrade to the new news module because apparently the Themes are pulling information from the template file and because all of my template files are hacked, I'm getting blank pages. When I turned on PHP Debug, I found out exactly what the problem is, but I'd rather just use a clean template and theme file. Here's the error message that I received -

Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MB_NEWBB_VIEWS - assumed '_MB_NEWBB_VIEWS' in file modules/newbb/blocks/newbb_new.php line 63
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Anews_index.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Anews_item.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Anews_item.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/phpkaox^theme.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [PHP]: fetch(/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/phpkaox^theme.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 684
Warning [PHP]: fetch(): Failed opening '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/phpkaox^theme.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 684

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jdseymour
Re: Where Can I Find Template Sets??????

If the template set you are using is unusable because of customization, just go to site preferences and select the default template. It is not writable so it cannot be changed.

Then if you need to customize again after you get things running well, clone it and edit the templates to your liking.

Most themes work with the default template set, only some, and very few are packaged with a custom template set that I have seen.

malexandria
TEMPLATE HELP NEEDED - Been trying to get help for MONTHS!

That error message IS with the default theme. I'm so frustrated with XOOPS these days, that I'm seriously thinking about switching to something else. This smarty theme/template system is terrible.

I found a clean template/theme set, installed them, and I get the blank screen of death. When I turn on PHP De-Bug, I get the following message. It's still seeking out the hacks that I made in my original theme, so it's absolutely refusing to let me change themes. The system is obviously pulling information from a cache file (NOT THE CACHE FOLDER, because I deleted all the files in there) or a database. I've been asking for three months now, where the heck is it seeking this information.

----------------------------------------------------------

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Asystem_dummy.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Asystem_dummy.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Asystem_block_comments.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Aimenu_block.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MB_NEWBB_VIEWS - assumed '_MB_NEWBB_VIEWS' in file modules/newbb/blocks/newbb_new.php line 63
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Anewbb_block_new.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Asystem_block_user.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Asystem_block_waiting.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Axoopsheadline_block_rss.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Asystem_block_newusers.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Anews_by_topic.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [PHP]: fetch(/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Anews_by_topic.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 690
Warning [PHP]: fetch(): Failed opening '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/db%3Anews_by_topic.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 690
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/obscene_v3_3c^theme.html.' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 589
Warning [PHP]: fetch(/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/obscene_v3_3c^theme.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 684
Warning [PHP]: fetch(): Failed opening '/usr/home/eclipse/public_html/templates_c/obscene_v3_3c^theme.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 684

ackbarr
Re: TEMPLATE HELP NEEDED - Been trying to get help for MONTHS!

the problem looks like the templates_c folder is no longer set to writable, or 777 permissions.

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits