al_in_chicag
recommendations on Xoops host?????

Why does Xooops.org flow so great????

Is it the host? I have been working on building the following XOOPS site: www.hispanicpro.com/html/ . My host is Netfirms.com.

I have times when requests time out and I get the dreaded "page cannot be displayed". I have asked repeatedly to provide me concrete answers and I always get stupid ones like:

1. "Netfirms does regret the service outage you experienced earlier this evening.

Our web service was not functioning between 3:55pm and 4:55pm on Wednesday, January 5th due to a misconfiguration.

-OR-

2. "Please be advised that a small number of customers experienced a temporary issue with their hosting service earlier today. However, we have now resolved the issue and all services are running normally at this time.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused."

On xoops.org, even if a process is taking a bit of time, it follows through to then end and doesn't quit. With my host when I click to go somewhere within the site, it is like the database gives up trying to connect and just spits back the dreaded " the page cannot be displayed, The page you are looking for is currently unavailable" Please help because I am getting ready to pull my hair out!!!!!

If I need to switch hosts, I want to do it now as I don't want to keep dickin'(sorry for the language) with Netfirms.com.

Can anyone provide the name of a good host experienced with xoops? is planetxoops the way to go?????

Sincerely,

Alfonso
al_in_chicago@yahoo.com

jdseymour
Re: recommendations on Xoops host?????

Well I have been using American Hosting for about four years with no problems. My network slows between 11:30 PM to Midnite eastern time due to the full backup they do every night.

They are no XOOPS specific but have everything need for smooth operation, and the plans are reasonable also.

paRabola
  • 2005/1/9 2:19

• paRabola

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/7 2

I am very happy with my host, XOOPS runs perfect on it. No slow downs at all. Worked very well via Fantastico and I just upgraded manually myself.

I usehttp://cats-computing.com

script_fu

Planetxoops would be an awesome if you only have one domain.
If your like me with a few more domains than I need. A reseller account is in order. Here are a few that I use.

www.voxtreme.com
www.httpme.com
www.bluewho.com
www.dathorn.com
www.reseller-center.com

seventhseal

Velocity Web Host is who we are. We offer both reseller and single accounts. sub domains are allowed. We sell dedicated space and bandwidth (real bandwidth). We offer Ensim or CPanel and have Intrusion Detection. We have a lot of plans, and build custom. No smoke and mirrors here!

Dr3vil
  • 2005/1/9 3:28

• Dr3vil

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/10

I have been using DarkBlizzard for a few years now and have found not only great prices & packages, but a terrific sales and support team. One on one service!

Herko
  • 2005/1/9 8:47

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

XOOPS.org is hosted by PlanetXOOPS, on a dedicated server.

I personally host on Surpass Hosting, and had good results (speed, support etc.) so far. They're also XOOPS(user) friendly.

I can recommend both

Herko

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits