Tandy
Establishing the baseline.
  • 2004/12/28 17:21

• Tandy

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/11

Ok, so I are a QA'er. Oh, I have arrived! /celebration

Now, what are we to run on our QA Test Sites? 2.0.9? Whatever version is in development for 2.1, showstoppers and all?

I can have a 2.0.9 test site up and rocking by the end of the day, but the way I read it, 2.1 is where this QA program is focused, hence, we should be running whatever is the most advanced core XOOPS functionality that is presently in development, available and runnable, without those special little features that reduce servers to their smoking molecular constituents. Or, should we have a 2.0.9 team and a 2.1 team(Here there be tygers...).

Ok. You are now free to abuse me of my misconceptions.

Mithrandir
Re: Establishing the baseline.

I think that the tests performed can be on either XOOPS platform - most modules should work fine with XOOPS 2.1/2.2 as and when it is released.

The XOOPS platform could of course be considered when judging the use of core functionality in the module, but I would say that this is of less importance right now than getting some modules through the smoketests (that will be) defined by the QA team, with focus on functionality and whether the module functions without errors or excessive resource usage.

Marco
  • 2004/12/30 19:03

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Hello

Should we consider than if a module is QA certified, it will be portable (because certified module does follow XOOPS standards) in any upcoming XOOPS version, so that our testing platform should always be the last XOOPS version ?

But how about LAMP platform (think about php5 effects)?

marco

Dave_L
  • 2004/12/30 20:07

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I think the primary testing platform should be the latest released (non-beta) XOOPS version. If time permits, additional testing could be done on older or newer (beta) versions.

In any case, the platform data (XOOPS version, PHP version, MySQL version, etc.) should be included in the test reports.

Marco
  • 2004/12/30 23:06

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

I think we should set a rule for php version, because providers usually take some time to bring their solution at the most accurate version of php.
I know, this delay is decreasing nowadays, but...
... We will have some mistakes in modules with php5, I think, no ?

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits