vinit
Does themes of CMS make a difference?
  • 2004/12/25 16:42

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

Hi,

Do you think a good CMS needs a good presentation via good theme?

Infact for a visitor its a good theme which matters more than the core behind it. At XOOPS we have seen good gathering, blabbering and highly active forums. But one thing that has been missing is good theme developers.

Other CMS in market have some really good themes and templates, Not to say MAMBO is really impresive in this case. The ease of XOOPS needs a better look and presentation too.

We have seen theme contests going on, lots of discusions going on, but yet to see an outcomes.

Waiting for a really a good presentable theme@XOOPS.

vinit
Re: Does themes of CMS make a difference?
  • 2004/12/28 11:32

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

Surprised to see no reply

tjnemez
  • 2004/12/28 11:51

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

you shouldn't be as many of your posts do not get a reply.

solo71
  • 2004/12/28 11:54

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Well, personnaly I'm trying my best. But I must admit that producing good themes is not an easy task as we have very few documentation or guides to explain. It's true that with Xoops, you need to know html, Css and Smarty codes...

LazyBadger

Well, my vision is (rather) different.
For Mambo (for example) only Smarty requirement are missing, but - I can write a huge list of excellent themes for Mambo... And just to note: mambo themes are extremely worse readable by eyes, mambers even develop plufin for DW for theme-designers.
e107 theme's reading is nightmare - I (maybe only I? Who knows...) can't imagine it on sources preview. But e107themes.de lists a lot of elegant, well-designed (in terms of impression) themes...

Contrary to XOOPS - where we have active, big community, but only small subset of attractive themes, really attractive, memorable, with unusual graphical solutions...

I promise to change this situation - I prepared ToDo with 100+ themes, which I want to see in XOOPS-world. And I already started this project... CSS stuff is my weakest side, and only this part of work can add visible delays on my theme factory.

LazyBadger

Quote:

vinit wrote:
Do you think a good CMS needs a good presentation via good theme?

Sure - yes... And I know some ppl, which selected Mambo for it's "face"
MOA (Most Often Answer) - "Yes, I know XOOPS is good, but I want cool theme for site, and found it on MamboHut, while all viewed XOOPS-themes are full SUXX"

sbkiller
  • 2005/3/5 21:54

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Good Themes? Well, the truth is web coding development is really vs. graphic designers.

I will try my best give out nice themes.

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits