steinarb
Does WiWi work with other browsers than IE?
  • 2004/8/17 14:19

• steinarb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/17

Is WiWi supposed to work with other browsers than IE? On the other browsers I've tried, ie. Opera 7.50/linux, Mozilla 1.6/linux, and Konqueror 3.2.2/linux, the form came up emtpy when I clicked on edit on a Wiki article. On IE it was possible to edit the existing article content.

Could there be some admin setting I have missed?

If WiWi doesn't work with other browsers, is it possible to have WakkaWiki and WiWi work against the same WikiWeb?

Thanx!

- Steinar

nboseret
Re: Does WiWi work with other browsers than IE?
  • 2004/9/3 8:59

• nboseret

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/15

Well actually, Wiwi embedds a version of spaw wysiwyg editor working only with IE.

normally when editing pages, wiwi check the brwoser used and directy you to spaw or "text editor" area like the one used in this forum ...

I'm actually trying to use a standard spaw version (not the embedded one) ... because img upload and file upload does not work with the wiwi installed ...cheers.

Xavier
  • 2004/9/10 9:20

• Xavier

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/12

Hi,

Wiwimod 0.6 is available on downloads : it supports the last version of HTMLArea, which works with Mozilla, Firefox etc..

Nicolas, have you checked creating a XOOPS library before uploading files with SPAW ?

Xavier

veggieryan
  • 2004/12/27 4:33

• veggieryan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

yeah!

got the wiwimod 0.6 wiki working with Koivi!

this is a dirty hack.. Xavier.. maybe you can clean it up.
noticed it sometimes doesent recognize camelcase if its on a seperate line with a space infront of the camelcase?(wierd)

other than that it seems pretty solid!

steps:
1.install the new Koivi class from the module dev forge.. follow all the steps.. replace the image_manager template and update the system module
2. select HTMLarea as your editor in the wiwi prefrences
3. edit your index.php in the wiwimod folder like this:
a. comment the whole check browser function lines 4-24(dont need it since wiwi is cross browser!!!)
b. around line 132 comment
Quote:

$t_area = new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea('Content', 'body', $body, 37, 80);
$form->addElement($t_area);

and add this code
Quote:

include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/class/xoopsformloader.php";
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php";
$t_area = new XoopsFormWysiwygTextArea('Content', 'body', $body, '100%', '400px','');
$form->addElement($t_area);

it works!
if someone can tell me how to do this cleaner that would be great...
i think its super important to have a cross browser wysiwyg wiki!
check mine out at
realenergy.net's wiki

i now have koivi working for wf-channel, wf-sections, news 1.2 and wiwimod! its the best!
thanks guys!
ryan.

ps.. why isnt an option on this forum?
pps.. why am i still getting the wierd failure to reload pages after submiting pages with koivi.. not a showstopper.. but would be nice to fix.. tried the hacks in the docs.. not cutting it...

Xavier
  • 2005/1/19 21:57

• Xavier

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/12

Hi;
I've integrated Koivi as an option on Wiwi (since 0.7 i believe) ; but i didn't spend time on it to raise it to the same level as spaw or htmlarea : no uploads (neither images, flash or files). Same with FCKEditor ...

In fact, the editors will be externalized from Wiwi, as this should be a XOOPS resource. Check the Wiwi 0.8 pre-release (on a non-production site for now) , and related editor classes see this post

I am part of this this dev.xoops.org project aimed to design a XoopsWide editors framework, with easy to plug editors interface and easy to integrate feature within modules.

Regards,
Xavier

emagin
  • 2005/1/26 22:04

• emagin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/8 1

I just wanted to add that when I use Wiwimod with Firefox 1.x latest version, Htmlarea 3 does NOT behave properly.
In addition, every time I update something when the screen to "wait a moment or click here to go immediately" it just sits there, I have to manually click here to go on to the next wiwi modification.

So there is something funny about the behavior there.
Not sure if it's just wiwimod, but on news and such it seems to refresh fine.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits