GISPilot
Centering Site Logo
  • 2004/12/20 15:52

• GISPilot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/20

First I'd like to say that XOOPS is a great open source product. I tried to learn PostNuke, but because of the difficulty, I migrated to XOOPS. It was a great decision!

I'm trying to center the image at the top of the page on this site:

http://surveyos.sourceforge.net/xoops/

I've been into the theme.html, and the style.css files.
I tried deleting the html table cell for banners so the image would stretch accross the whole page. The html table at the beginning of my theme.html now lookslike this:

I also added this element to my stylesheet:

td#headerlogo {background-color: #FFFFFF; vertical-align: middle; text-align:center;}

However, I can't seem to get the image to center at the top of the page.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? What do I need to do to center the image?

Thanks,

The GIS Pilot

irmtfan
Re: Centering Site Logo
  • 2004/12/20 16:26

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

size of logo is too big. 226.24 KB
and now logo is center for me. maybe must you should clear your browser caching

GISPilot
  • 2004/12/20 17:33

• GISPilot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/20

Thanks for the response.

It looks like the image correctly centers in Internet Explorer, but not Mozilla Firefox. I don't think Firefox supports the necessary CSS element. I'll try to download the latest build of Firefox.

Can I throw the old "
" tags in the theme.html file to fix this for browsers that don't support the CSS positioning?

Thanks,

GIS Pilot

P.S. I'll try to shrink the sixe of that image.

rajanurs
  • 2004/12/20 19:18

• rajanurs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

Hi,

The logo is centered in Opera also.

The size of the logo image is 227 KB. It is too large and you need to resize it in a image editor to the same size you want it to appear. You can also further optimise the image to reduce its size but it may also reduce the quality of the image. Using an image editor you can vary the optimisation percentage to a level where quality loss is acceptable.

tedsmith
  • 2004/12/20 20:48

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I'm using FireFox 1.0 and it is centred for me too. If yours is still to the left try clearing your cache folder (the templates_c folder in the root of your web space)

As a rule of thumb, no graphic should exceed 50Kb, even in this nice new age of Broadband, but if webmasters just up their file size then the net will seem like we're all still using dial-up lol. Let's not forget that there are still millions of dial-up subscribers too - you need to make your site as user friendly to as many people as you can. I use Adobe ImageReady mostly, and just choose 'Optimise for Web' when saving.

Login

Who's Online

548 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 548

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits