karmes
HELP - locked myself out of the site
  • 2004/12/19 18:05

• karmes

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

I am feverishly looking through/searching FAQ and forums for help on this....

I was in the groups area, where you can check/uncheck what different things peopel can see, trying to figure out how to let everyoen see the main site and pretty much all contents w/o having to log in. I thought I was in the anon section but maybe not. I know I was in teh last section on the page where you check/uncheck things to block.

When I try to go to the site now I get nothing but the basic theme and no way to login. When I try going directly to the admin.php file I get "you don't have the right to access this area."

How do I get to a page where I can be prompted to login again.

talunceford
Re: HELP - locked myself out of the site

You might check the xoops_users table, and look to see if there is a field for what group that user resides in. I cant remember off the top of my head what is in that table.

karmes
  • 2004/12/19 18:23

• karmes

• Just popping in

I am a little leary of messing int he tables as I not real familiar with SQL. However, I looked in the users table and didn't see anything that looked like I could change. I am looking at the group tables now but I really don't know what all the fields mean to know if I change defaults from 0 to 1 if that will really screw things up or not.

Thanks for pointing me in this direction though. I am sure you are on the right track with this!

karmes
  • 2004/12/19 19:26

• karmes

• Just popping in

Luckily I didn't have much done in the site. I tried changing some table values and REALLY messed things up. SO I dumping it all and startign over from scratch. Luckily from previous post and more that I have read the second time aroudn will go MUCH smoother

Thanks for everyone's help!

studioC
  • 2004/12/19 19:32

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

did you tried to acces user.php direct? it will give a login (normally)

cheers
michael

karmes
  • 2004/12/19 19:40

• karmes

• Just popping in

Yeah I did and got the same message about not having permissions.

carnuke
  • 2004/12/19 19:54

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

How do I reach admin with a blank page on my site?

We cant ask every permutation of this sort of question, but this one above should help you find the login page . Theres another faq about resetting group permissions, Ill edit this in a mo ...
[edit]Missing system icon

This should help restore your webamster permission rights, if you have lost these.

Good luck

karmes
  • 2004/12/20 4:11

• karmes

• Just popping in

Thanks for the info. I couldn't get the user.php page to come up either. I am not sure what I did but I messed things up pretty bad.

I ended up wiping everything, recreating the dB, and re-installing. It was effortless this time through

However, now I have backed up my files and my dB...I shoudl have known to do that to begin with
Always back-up your data!!!

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions!!!

noelmaster
  • 2004/12/20 15:19

• noelmaster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/28

Reply: If you know how to move inside your database then you can solve also your problem, just using the phpmyadmin,..go to prefix_user, show the structure, select the user name you created then click the modify button and delete the password. or else create there a new user name with blank password. let me know if it solves your problem. happy coding!

Login

Who's Online

545 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 545

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits