1
mrskippy
WebMailFX
  • 2004/12/20 1:45

  • mrskippy

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 22

  • Since: 2004/12/15


First things first -- AWESOME module!!! I'm planning to create me own 1GB e-mail service and this will work great. :)

However, I have a few issues:

First, and most important, how can I delete admin e-mail accounts? I created one, but messed up. Create a second and it worked. But I can't delete the first one. :( Any advice is appreciated.

Second, do I use the POP or PHP setting? I see this ties in with cPanel, which is what I want it to ultimately do and allow users to create their own e-mail account on the server. How exactly do I need to set this? And, can users check their mail through Outlook Express, Eudora, Thunderbird, etc.?

Third, is there a way to have ads appear in the signature?

Fourth, why do users have to go tohttp://mcclimans.us/modules/webmailfx, but can't go tohttp://www.mcclimans.us/modules/webmailfx? All my modules are like this ... www doesn't work with the modules.

And finally, is there a way to offer a paid e-mail service. So, let's say I want to allow an upgrade to 3 GB (beating the competition) ... can I do that?

BTW ... if you want a free e-mail account ... give it a whirl.

2
mrskippy
Re: WebMailFX
  • 2004/12/20 4:26

  • mrskippy

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 22

  • Since: 2004/12/15


Ugh!!! I was going to test WebMail FX in its creation of a POP3 account within cPanel. It told me that a user e-mail account can't be created, even though permissions are set to allow it. My guess is there is some hang-up between the module and cPanel. Any suggestions?

3
flyingtux
Re: WebMailFX
  • 2004/12/20 13:35

  • flyingtux

  • Not too shy to talk

  • Posts: 146

  • Since: 2004/9/6 1


Quote:

mrskippy wrote:
First things first -- AWESOME module!!! I'm planning to create me own 1GB e-mail service and this will work great. :)


Thanx!

Quote:

First, and most important, how can I delete admin e-mail accounts? I created one, but messed up. Create a second and it worked. But I can't delete the first one. :( Any advice is appreciated.


Don't understand this. Could you explain it again, with an example?

Quote:

Second, do I use the POP or PHP setting? I see this ties in with cPanel, which is what I want it to ultimately do and allow users to create their own e-mail account on the server. How exactly do I need to set this? And, can users check their mail through Outlook Express, Eudora, Thunderbird, etc.?


It depends on which system you want to use for sending mails:
-POP ->it uses standard popservers: if you have a pop account, use this. Tipycal examples are pop.blabla.com or mail.blabla.com;
-PHP -> it uses the standard PHP Mail () function: you don't need any account on any mail provider. Sent mails are linked to the XOOPS user (his name is displayed);
-SMTP - used for receiving mail. Tipycally: smtp.blabla.com or mail.blabla.com
In the case of POP=SMTP=mail.blabla.com you could use the POP=SMTP option.

Quote:

Third, is there a way to have ads appear in the signature?

Yes: just put what you want in the space designed for hosting the footer messsage in all sent emails (Admin/Preferences)

Quote:

Fourth, why do users have to go tohttp://mcclimans.us/modules/webmailfx, but can't go tohttp://www.mcclimans.us/modules/webmailfx? All my modules are like this ... www doesn't work with the modules.


Don't understand this. I visited your website and though the homepage looks like www.mcclimans.us, when I go to a module it looks like mcclimans.us

Quote:

And finally, is there a way to offer a paid e-mail service. So, let's say I want to allow an upgrade to 3 GB (beating the competition) ... can I do that? ... if you want a free e-mail account ... give it a whirl.

This could be possible, perhaps, when IMAP will be fully functional. I believe it has better tools for managing user-account quota.
Bye,
ft
The WebMailFX Team
P.S: if you want to provide email accounts we could use it for testing...

4
Herko
Re: WebMailFX
  • 2004/12/20 13:54

  • Herko

  • XOOPS is my life!

  • Posts: 4238

  • Since: 2002/2/4 1


for the 4th problem: check your mainfile.php, if your XOOPS_URL is set to mcclimans.us and not www.mcclimans.us, there's your reason.

Herko

5
mrskippy
Re: WebMailFX
  • 2004/12/20 19:59

  • mrskippy

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 22

  • Since: 2004/12/15


The first e-mail account I created in the admin e-mail section wasn't right. However, I'm unable to delete it. It's just there, showing error. Created a second one, with correct settings, and it works great. Everything works, but seeing the error message on my original attempt is ugly.

You're free to use my e-mail service for testing. Just sign up for an account on my site and your on your way. No questions asked. :) Test away.

Still looking on why users can't create an account. Here's your chance to test the situation.

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)


Members: 0


Guests: 224


more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits