Foundas
Email service
  • 2004/12/20 10:13

• Foundas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/20

hey guys..

i'm totally new to XOOPS interface and i'd like your opinion and suggestions on what i have in mind

i dont know if it's possible to build such a webpage using XOOPS but here it goes.

i would like to have users to sign in for an account after paying using Paypal (that means i will need a Paypal module / block right?) and have an interface like hotmail/yahoo-mail where they can have their contacts and by selecting them, to place them automatically in the "To:" field of the email. After they write their email, i would like that email to end up to my POP3 account for local manipulation.

and finally, include a scheduler of some kind where a user can select the time and date for the email to be sent.

please advice on which modules/modules i should install or any other alternatives

thanks in advance

Foundas

Herko
Re: Email service
  • 2004/12/20 10:18

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

You want to manipulate the emails sent by your users before actually sending them to the intended recipient? Hmm... not a good policy IMHO, but that's besides the point. The webmailFX module can offer the interface and features you want, but not the 'sending buffer' you're suggesting.

Herko

Foundas
  • 2004/12/20 10:27

• Foundas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/20

thanks for the reply Herko.

the paypal module is available for Xoops? and what solution do you suggest for the 'sending buffer' part?

best regards

Herko
  • 2004/12/20 12:07

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The xdonations module development team (seehttp://dev.xoops.org) is working on the paypal subscriptions feature. You can also use the aMember addon, but that's not a free script.

As for your buffer, it's the first time I've ever heard of this feature. I can't see a reason why you'd want to personally see and edit every e-mail your customers send to other people, but there's a first time for everything, right? So, no, I have no idea if this feature already exists, or how to make it.

Herko

LazyBadger

Quote:

Foundas wrote:
and what solution do you suggest for the 'sending buffer' part?

If you can say, which MTA used on your site and can later perform heavy modification of it's config - I'll try to find answer on your question (except web-face for managing queues)

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits