soloeagle
Databases?
  • 2004/12/18 2:06

• soloeagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

O.K. so far I like what I see...what I need to know is how to create forms for users to access, add, search records in a database. Something like CodeCharge or MultiForm Generator. I want to use my XOOPS site to access my databases...which are mysql...I already have and use phpMyAdmin I don't want non-sophisticated users using phpMyAdmin as I administer the databases there. I want to incorporate the forms directly into the my XOOPS site as they both reside on the same MySQL server. Modules? I am brand new to xoops.

smdcom
Re: Databases?

phpmyadmin 2.6 for XOOPS is what you need.

SMD

soloeagle
  • 2004/12/18 7:22

• soloeagle

• Just popping in

Thank you...I'll check it out.

Herko
  • 2004/12/18 11:11

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

soloeagle wrote:
I already have and use phpMyAdmin I don't want non-sophisticated users using phpMyAdmin as I administer the databases there.

No.. I think phpmyadmin for XOOPS is NOT what you want (or did I read it wrong?). I think you should look at the No-ah module. No-Ah is a XOOPS module which turns your database into manageable content groups. It can be used to quickly model web based applications with just a few lines of php. Supported by the flexibility and object oriented design of the XOOPS portal system, No-Ah lets you define an architecture for managing your information and provides a template based interface to customize how you access it.

Herko

soloeagle
  • 2004/12/18 19:18

• soloeagle

• Just popping in

You are absolutely correct. I browsed No-Ah last night and I think I should start there. I am new to this XOOPS concept but I really like what I have seen and I'm looking forward to creating some real database driven content. Thank you for the reply.

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits