tedsmith
AMS Module - "You are not allowed to read Default level articles"
  • 2004/12/17 19:16

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Just installed AMS module and imported all my News articles successfully. Set permissions etc and checked the access using anonymous, registered and webmaster permissions.

Trouble is when an anonymous or standard registered user tries to view the 'Comments' they get the message "You are not allowed to read Default level articles" and the user is diverted back to the index page of all the news. I am OK though, as a webmaster user.

I can only find one trace on the net here but he seems to be referring to another problem and the solution is never given, although it does imply that it has been fixed.

Please help

Thanks

TEd

jdseymour
Re: AMS Module - "You are not allowed to read Default level articles"

Also don't forget to check your regular group permissions in the admin groups section.

The permissions in AMS are advanced and complicated. Took me part of the day to get it set so all could access my articles.

A couple of mess ups and reinstalls too. Phew.

But, I did do away with the default access permissions and made my own. All seems to work now. Knock on wood.

tedsmith
  • 2004/12/17 19:46

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I checked all that already. Basically, anon and registered users have full permissions to view all articles. I set that in the modules permission settings. I then went to the Groups and ensured the appropriate groups had Module Access as well, which they have. I don't get it?

jdseymour

Kind of a stupid question for me to ask....but it happened to me. On the article submit/approve page you have an approve section, submit section, and read section. You have to submit the changes on each section separately.

For a time I made all changes on the page and hit submit, only changing the settings of the permissions that the submit button was attached.

You are probably smarter than me and didn't do that though.

tedsmith
  • 2004/12/17 21:09

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Not smarter - just already done the same thing as you with the original News module!!

Anyway, problem still persists. Any further ideas?

jdseymour

In the main preference page of the module are a couple of radio buttons for allowing anons to post comments or rate articles.

Other than that I would post in brash's forum. I already have a post there about formatting problems.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Sounds like yours is set up like mine, but mine works.

tedsmith
  • 2004/12/17 23:03

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Yep, I already set all that too. A mystery - will try and get info from Brash. Cheers

brash
  • 2004/12/18 0:45

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I've answered this on my forums, but just for other people looking at this thread and getting this error. Make sure you have set your Audience Level permissions correctly, and make sure you have published your articles under the appropriate audience level.

tedsmith
  • 2004/12/18 11:40

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Indeed - in my case I had published everything without first creating a new audience. When I created a new audience (called All Users) and set their access I then deleted the Default audience level which asks you to transfer all the topics in one to othe other, which it did successfully.

For full details read here

Login

Who's Online

321 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 321

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits