zokdok
Where to get a complete and working copy?
  • 2004/12/16 23:44

• zokdok

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/10

Hi,
I was wondering if there is also a working copy to be obtained...

With some sort of default site, just so I can test this.

I tried installing it, but I only get a half empty page
(http://www.macadelic.nl/xoops_screenshot.jpg ).

No error messages whatsoever in the console... I also tried setting the smarty use_sub_dir setting to false (as that should be the default when safe_mode is enabled, and that should be).
And I also tried it with the latest Smarty version.. but to no luck...

Or do I have to manually install a theme or something?

thanks in advance.
Joeri

coopersita
Re: Where to get a complete and working copy?

There's a couple of preinstalled themes with xoops, but it comes empty as far as know.

JMorris
  • 2004/12/17 1:33

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Would it be safe to assume that you're running XOOPS 2.0.9? If so, the only thing that comes with 2.0.9 is the framework.

Essentially, the XOOPS core is more of a content management framework. All previous versions of XOOPS 2.0.x have come with prepackaged modules and themes that allow you to have a full-featured site from the start. 2.0.9 is a Beta version, therefore noting but the core framework is there. If you want functionality, you'll need to install additional modules. Likewise with changing the appearance, you'll need to install themes.

Module Repository
Theme Library
Xoops FAQs

zokdok
  • 2004/12/17 10:33

• zokdok

• Just popping in

I downloaded the 'full' package of XOOPS 2.0.7.3... So your assumption, although safe, was incorrect (wish it was correct ;) )

But I will look into the theme library link today, hopefully it will work and I can see a login block and get into the administration.

zokdok
  • 2004/12/17 22:28

• zokdok

• Just popping in

ok, so I downloaded a theme..

I placed it in the themes folder...

now what?..
I'm searching through a lot of files, but I can't find where I can manually set the theme to be used..
Probably this has to be set in the database, but without a functional administrator, this is kinda hard..

Could someone help me get a working administrator section?
And when will the install guide contain the remaining sections, so people will get a working site or is it just me?

Dave_L
  • 2004/12/17 22:39

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Xoops 2.0.7.3 should work with the default theme, so I suggest resolving that before installing more themes.

Are you unable to log in?

JMorris
  • 2004/12/17 22:44

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Have you made sure the chmod settings on your /cache and /templates_c directory are set to 777?

Translation for Windows: Full read/write access

Herko
  • 2004/12/17 22:48

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

no, I've seen this problem before. It was due to a MySQL user misconfiguration, where the MySQL user that owns the database, doesn't have full write access to the database temporary folder. So it's not XOOPS related at all (or it wasn't when I encountered this before).

You should be able to login using user.php and admin.php directly (http://www.macadelic.nl/user.php andhttp://www.macadelic.nl/admin.php), and turn on MySQL debug in the system admin, general settings, preferences page. If my assumption is correct, then you'll get a MySQL error somewhere on the homepage.

Herko

p.s. good to see there are more and more fellow Dutchmen working with XOOPS

zokdok
  • 2004/12/17 23:10

• zokdok

• Just popping in

I'm not only unable to login, I'm unable to _see_ the login screen...
there is nowhere to login... (please check the screenshot mentioned in the first post)

All my privileges are correct.. all chmod 777, just to make it easy :)

I'm running XOOPS 2.0.7.3 on my local machine:
MacOS X 10.3.7
PHP 4.3.9 & PHP 5.0.2 (switchable)
MySQL 4.1.7

(Xoops sure doesn't run in PHP5 ;) )

Because I'm running on localhost, I'm (for simplicity) using the MySQL database with the MySQL root, so it has completely all rights to do what it wants...
I don't know anything about the database temporary folder, but there are also about 30 other websites of mine in there, and no problems with them whatsoever..

/user.php gives me the exact same page as to be seen in the screenshot.. almost empty
/admin.php gives me a nice message I have no rights.. (what about my human rights?) and redirects me to index.php

no MySQL errors, no errors in the log......
already tried to disable the custom errorhandler, but there are probably more places to be dealt with if I just want to see my errors..

I'm totally blank on this one...

maybe it doesn't like MySQL 4.1+? Could try with a clean XOOPS install with MySQL 4.0+ running (ow, I installed PHP5 there, darn)

thanks for helping me out....

zokdok
  • 2004/12/17 23:53

• zokdok

• Just popping in

ok, I just enabled PHP 4.3.4 on the other Mac with MySQL 4.0.17, and did a clean download/install of xoops...

all went well and I was able to see the login panel and I could even login :)

So it could be some of the php.ini settings, or XOOPS doesn't work with MySQL 4.1+..
I don't have any weird settings in php.ini, as far as I know.. I duplicated most of the production servers.

Well, at least I now have a working copy of Xoops, would be nice if I could get it working on my main computer.
Next step for me is the manual and get something useful out of Xoops, and hopefully the XOOPS coders (Xoopers?) will fix some compatibility bugs :)

Or could it even be the difference of the zip file and the tarball? As I installed the zip file on my main computer, but come to think of it, I downloaded the tarball on the secondary computer...

Well, now it's time for me to go to bed, and maybe I can figure it out what is wrong..

thanks for your patience :)
I'll keep you updated

Login

Who's Online

113 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 113

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits